INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name convention for cover files  (Read 837 times)

Evander

Name convention for cover files
« on: March 19, 2002, 06:46:16 am »

Hi everybody. I'm gettig covers for my mp3 manually from cdcovers.cc, and copying them to C:\MEDIA\COVERS\INTL\. Ok, but MJ8.0.277 doesn't show any of them. I don't know if names of files are correct. What are the rules for covers file names?
PS: I've already changed the Covers Directory in MJ8.

Thanks.
Evander - Brazil

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Name convention for cover files
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 06:57:53 am »

Evander - the format appears to be artist name - album name.jpg.

However, you need to link the media file with the album. Select file Properties, then Tools / Get cover are from Internet.

When you get the window up select the "Don't go online" and MJ will search the cover art directory and then links the cover to the track.
Namaste,
John

Evander

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 07:42:48 am »

Thanks Gatobrit. You're right: the name format is "Album - Title", but what format should I use when there is invalid caracters for file name?
A real example:

Artist: 4 non blondes
Album: Bigger, Better, Faster, More?

The '?' can't be used for name files. The same for:  / \ : " . I tryed to replace the '?' for a space, but MJ8 didn't find the file.

Other question: MJ8 appears to save the file name of covers inside library, WITH IT'S COMPLETE PATH. What will happen when I change the "Track Image Location" directory?

Thanks

Evander - Brazil

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 08:01:51 am »

Evander - I don't know about the invalid characters (good album by the way!). I would omit them and try it.

However, you can specifically link cover art to the track in the track properties in MJ8 (you may be able to do this in previous versions but I have only recently started using cover art). Select file properties and then the cover art tab on the right.

Once the art is linked for one track MJ then needs to be pointed at the art for the other album tracks but this can be done without having to go on-line etc.

Moving the cover art would (I think) mean that you'll have to go through the process of relinking the covers to the track again. Sounds like it would be painful.

There is an option to add the cover art into the tag but I'm reluctant to do this. Opinions would be appreciated?
Namaste,
John

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 10:01:00 am »

I think MJ replaces invalid characters with spaces. I did a Get from internet for The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? and it called it
The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We .jpg

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 12:57:26 pm »

>There is an option to add the cover art into the tag but I'm reluctant to do this. Opinions would be appreciated?

All of my files have the cover art inside them. This includes mp3 (id3v2) and even apl files for use with the ape image file.

I really haven't had any problems now. I think there should be a way for MJ8 to be able to save an internal image file to the disk for backup. Right now there is just copy/paste. A workaround would be to grab it from the temp directory when playing. Seems like a lot of work to save a pic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up