INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragging files from MC to Windows Media Player  (Read 16111 times)

Travis

• Recent member
Dragging files from MC to Windows Media Player
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:07:36 pm »

I just bought a new laptop and upgraded to MC version 18.  My old laptop was running version 12.  I do some DJing at swing dances playing jazz music and my simple setup was to use MC as my library to search through files and then I would drag files into Windows Media Player 'Now Playing' which was actually playing out through the speakers. 

I just tried doing this on my new laptop with MC 18 and WMP version 12 (windows 8) and it isn't working and I'm wondering if I haven't set something up correctly in either program.

I'll keep poking around to see if there's something I am missing but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Travis

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dragging files from MC to Windows Media Player
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »

Have you considered using Media Center for playback instead of WMP?

Travis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:24:47 pm »

Yes I have.  My old setup allowed me to listen to songs played in jrmc through my headphones and wmp was playing through an external sound card.  This allowed me to listen to one song and preview it while another was playing through the speakers.  I also liked that I could view both programs at the same time (and they looked so different there was little chance of confusing which was which).  I believe that through jrmc I would have to toggle between a "live" view and a "headphones" view and not be able to see both at the same time...a minor inconvenience but I really like seeing my library and my actual playing queue at the same time.  If jrmc 18 has any enhancements that would allow me to do this then I'd certainly consider it.

thank you

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:34:04 am »

i guess you have some options to use mc only. one is to use two zones. one for your headphone, and one for 'live'. then use for instance 3 split views. one your library, one headphone and one live, and lock the last 2. now you can drak btween them as much as you like.

:)
gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:11 pm »

Travis,

Here's my old reply that explains a "DJ setup": http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50518.msg345477#msg345477  (Read the entire thread.)

It might give you some useful ideas.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up