INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent MJ 8.0.227 from being too clever  (Read 1259 times)

RhinoBanga

Prevent MJ 8.0.227 from being too clever
« on: March 18, 2002, 12:08:42 pm »

Hi,

My other half is creating a CD of childrens songs for an upcoming birthday party.

Some of the songs are duplicated but when we use MJ to cut the audio CD it seems to get rid of the duplicates.

I know it sounds stupid (we have our reasons for wanting duplicates) but does anyone know how to switch this off?

Rhino.

LCtheDJ

RE:Prevent MJ 8.0.227 from being too clever
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 12:47:21 pm »

How about just rename one of the files so it is no longer a duplicate?  Ex: change FilenameWhatever.wav to FilenameWhatever2.wav

RhinoBanga

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 11:55:29 pm »

Hi,

Yeah I suppose I could identify what the duplicates are, copy the MP3 files to another name, import them into MJ, select the tracks (including the new duplicates or else I'll create a coaster), burn the CD and then remove the duplicate tracks.

But it's not exactly an automated process and there is plenty of scope for things to go wrong ... especially since it's my other half doing this and not me Next Page

Also what worries me is that we are going to start a pre-school music club and will want to cut a CD containing the tracks we will be using during the week's theme (for example week one is covering counting, week two is covering animals, etc) and there will be plenty of duplicates there (for example "Five Little Ducks").

I suppose we could cut separate CD's for each week but since each track is only around one minute long and there will be on average 10 tracks used per session then that means on our 80 minute CD's 70 minutes are wasted Next Page

It boils down to this ... I want to have the same track appear more than once on a CD ... why is MJ preventing me from doing this?

Rhino.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 04:48:30 am »

It's probably the same reason that MJ prevents you from having duplicates in a playlist. I never understood that either.

RhinoBanga

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 08:19:18 am »

lol ... but the problem is that it shows you the duplicates in the burn queue.

It never tells you that some tracks have been removed.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 12:13:14 pm »

I assume you're making audio format CD's. If so, this bug will be fixed in the next build. You're supposed to be able to record duplicate tracks to an audio CD.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Sentient

• Recent member
  • AerospaceSpace, Folk Music
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2002, 01:32:45 pm »

I found this a problem for mp3 CDs too.  I had recorded the same track using different encoders to compare in my car player.  It looked Like I would get what I wanted but when I got to the car, only one file of each song was actually on the disc.  Note the songs had different file names, but the tags were the same.  In order to make it work I had to manually edit the tags to change either the title, artist, or album name to get MJ to record the differing tracks.  I finally settled on putting the encoder name in as album name.

It may be that you can do something similar as a work around for now.

Sentient
Sentient,

and darn proud of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up