INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start Page Problem [solved]  (Read 1605 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Start Page Problem [solved]
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:13:27 am »

My system has been exhibiting this curiously annoying behaviour for a couple of builds.

I've got MC set to run in server mode and the PC is set to sleep if nothing much happens for a 1/2 hour or so.

Tonight, fired up the PC from sleep and launched MC. The Start page flashed up. Great! So, next thing, I'll check Television. No worries but then MC recycles back to the Start page. From there, it doesn't matter where I'd try and navigate to via the various options on offer from the interface, the program recycles back to the start page.

Shut down MC and close the media server, then restart? No dice. Start recycle kicks in again.

The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to do a reboot.

Am I alone?

Any thoughts on what the cause might be and how to resolve it?   ?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:56:56 am »

My system has been exhibiting this curiously annoying behaviour for a couple of builds.

I've got MC set to run in server mode and the PC is set to sleep if nothing much happens for a 1/2 hour or so.

Tonight, fired up the PC from sleep and launched MC. The Start page flashed up. Great! So, next thing, I'll check Television. No worries but then MC recycles back to the Start page. From there, it doesn't matter where I'd try and navigate to via the various options on offer from the interface, the program recycles back to the start page.

Shut down MC and close the media server, then restart? No dice. Start recycle kicks in again.

The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to do a reboot.

Am I alone?

Any thoughts on what the cause might be and how to resolve it?   ?

I'm not sure.  You could try switching the start page in Options > Startup to something that isn't a webpage.  Or you could try switching browser engines in Options > Tree & View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:51 pm »

I'm not sure.  You could try switching the start page in Options > Startup to something that isn't a webpage.  Or you could try switching browser engines in Options > Tree & View.

Cool. I'll give that a try and see how things go. Will report back with results.

Thanks    ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

Cool. I'll give that a try and see how things go. Will report back with results.

Thanks    ;)

Not an issue with MC, the effect was just showing on MC first. Ran a popular anti-malware program and removed some PUPs. I was also having a launch at start up problem with Intel RST that may have been related. Repaired that issue and all seems well so far.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Start Page Problem [solved]
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »

Please name the problem program. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up