INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Files using Nomad Jukebox plug-in  (Read 1903 times)

EleKtric

• Recent member
  • Sexy Geek Goddess with an ATTiTuDe!
Unknown Files using Nomad Jukebox plug-in
« on: January 26, 2003, 03:18:19 pm »

(I previously posted the below in the 3rd party plug-in forum, but then realizing that this plug-in isn't really 3rd party at all, decided it should actually be posted here instead.)

Last night I updated my version of the Nomad Jukebox plug-in that Media Jukebox was using from v3.0.24 to v3.0.33 to see if it would help eliminate the random shutdowns that Media Jukebox was experiencing.  (The plug-in page gives a version number of 3.0.30 for the Nomad Jukebox, yet after installing, the actual version number is reported as 3.0.33.)

Unfortunately, the updated plug-in did NOT help the MJ shutdown problems, and in addition, all the files on my Nomad Jukebox now appear in MJ as <Unknown> instead of showing any information about the file itself.  And I'm not just referring to the ID3 tags, but even MJ's Location field in the Handheld/Nomad view shows NJ\<Unknown>.  Note the files on the Jukebox itself appear to be and play just fine.

The display of the file information was working fine under v3.0.24 of this plug-in, but unfortunately I no longer have a copy of that version to revert back to.  

I suspect that in integrating support for the newest line of Nomad Jukeboxes, the support for older devices such as the original Jukebox that I have was inadvertently broken.

So can we get this plug-in fixed up ASAP as I'm totally stuck with regards to transferring files to/from my Nomad without it (short of fallilng back to Musicmatch's Portable Device Manager with reduced functionality).

Alternately, does anyone still have a copy of an older v3.0 plug-in that works with the original Nomad that they can post or send me so that I can get my functionality back until this issue is fixed?

My system information:
Dell Inspiron 8200 P4 1.6MHz 512MB RAM
Windows XP SP1
Media Jukebox v8.0.394 (also occurs under 8.0.393)
Nomad Jukebox 6GB with latest firmware (v2.96)

Thanks!
~Cherie

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unknown Files using Nomad Jukebox plug-in
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 04:02:09 am »

Cherie,

Could you try installing the stand alone drivers (jukeboxdrivers.exe) for the Nomad Jukebox from the following link and see if everything improves....

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/drivers/welcome.asp?OS=%23WinXP%23&prod=%23jukebox%23&Select=Get+Files&x=56&y=6

EleKtric

• Recent member
  • Sexy Geek Goddess with an ATTiTuDe!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 10:40:42 pm »

Hey Steve!
I had installed those previously, when first configuring my Jukebox with this system, but I'll go ahead and download the latest jukebox drivers, in case they're newer than the ones I have, and let you know if it improves.  I'll get back to you here...

~Cherie

rgraylin

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 09:05:26 am »

Hey Steve!

I have the same problem running 3.0.34 of the Nomad plug-in.  It used to work fine, but 3.0.33 and 3.0.34 display <unknown> for the song name, artist, album, and genre are blank.  Location is listed as "NJ\<unknown>".  Size, length, and bit rate appear to be correct.

I tried to reload the Creative drivers for the Nomad, but it didn't fix this problem.

Dell XPS R450 (running 1.2GHz PIII Celeron)
XP Pro
384MB RAM

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 11:23:01 am »

rgraylin,

I just retested this with MJ 8.0.394 on XP with Plug-in 3.0.34 and cannot duplicate your problem. Almost certainly it is a driver problem. When you get the latest driver from Creative, are you getting the stand alone driver?

Steve

PS As I recall, everything worked out for Cherie in the post above even though the thread did not get updated after she got the drivers.

rgraylin

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 11:57:47 am »

I'm running MJ v8.0.388.  Where do I get the update to the version you are running?

Yeah, I downloaded the drivers from Creative.  I installed them by just running the installation program for the drivers.  Is there a particular order I should follow?

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 01:01:31 pm »

I installed 8.0.394 just by clicking download from our website. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plug-in. There is not any special order to download the drivers from Nomad.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up