INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export M3U playlist for Archos or other Drive Based MP3 Player  (Read 1003 times)

cyberthoughts

Can someone offer a suggestion on how to export a playlist for my Archos 20 Jukebox.  It looks like a hard drive, so i keep 2 copys all my tracks - 1 on my PC hard drive and the other on the jukebox.  when i generate a playlist though, the file names are hard coded from my hard drive.  I know I can go in and manually change them each time, but wondered if there is a better way to manage this stuff.

thanks!

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
RE:Export M3U playlist for Archos or other Drive Based MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 05:08:48 am »

If you create the playlist in MJ, you'll see an 'Export playlist' option on the file menu.

I would prefer if it MJ playlists were automatically exported as M3Us whenever they changed, but it's manual now.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 07:12:15 am »

Hi cyberthoughts,

since the Archos ignores the leading drive letter in the playlist, the easiest way is to mimic the archos structure with a subst dir.

For example if you keep your music on the pc under C:\Documents and Settings\JoeUser\My Documents\My Music then you can substitute it as drive f:

subst f: "C:\Documents and Settings\JoeUser\My Documents\My Music"

(Create a bat file with this command and put in your startup folder if you want to automate all this)

Then you can create all the playlists that you want and they will work on the Archos (assuming you have the same My Music structure on it). I personally use the freeware JukeBox Syncronizer to keep my mounted drive in sync with the AJBR 20 drive and everything works just great

Claudio

cyberthoughts

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 09:19:16 am »

Great!  tried to get Media Jukebox to see the substituted drive as a device but it didn't recognize it.  will try your sugestion.  btw how do i get the jukebox sync tool you referred to?

thx.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 10:33:09 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up