INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J River Installation on Main Desktop - How to Restrict Library to Audio Only  (Read 910 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

Newbie question here. Sorry if the answer is posted elsewhere.

I am just getting into computer based audio and have purchased a dedicated music server PC that is attached to a home network. I installed J River on that PC. It has no media library of its own, but is mapped to my NAS (M:), which contains only audio files. I successfully imported those files to J River. The music server runs headless. Therefore, I wanted to install a second copy of J River on my main desktop computer, primarily for the purpose of editing tags, etc. However, when importing files on my desktop I didn't direct my mind to all the other media files I have stored there. Needless to add, J River imported everything - audio, images, video.

I only want the audio library in J River on my desktop PC. What is the best approach to accomplishing this? I was thinking of doing an uninstall and fresh installation. However, I don't know exactly how to  import only the audio files from my M: drive to J River, while preventing it from adding the media files stored on my desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

I think I may have found the answer. I deleted the all inclusive Main Library that been created and then configured Auto Import to look only at my M: drive. That appears to have worked as J River imported the audio files, but I no longer see anything listed in Images or Video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up