INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More functions for Gizmo, please  (Read 5213 times)

PopDV

More functions for Gizmo, please
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

please add possibility to rate tracks from Gizmo

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: More functions for Gizmo, please
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:10:47 pm »

+1

Colin Maynard

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:19:27 am »

A couple I'd like:
1. to be able to see a playlist in Albums and shuffle them. 
2. Also if a do shuffle a playlist to be then able to see it in the shuffled form before selecting the first track or album to play would be nice. (I tend not to want to go to track level for classical)

connersw

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:40:13 am »

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but this functionality already exists.

1) To see a playlist: playlist button is left of the skip back button.
To Shuffle: When playing an album, tap menu (upper right corner 3-vertical dots) -> Commands -> Reshuffle.

2)  Again, just use the playlist button, and it will show the shuffled form. 

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:33 pm »

There are a lot of people that have been asking for this for months, me included...

...its taken that long, that I've started looking at Google Play and Amazon Cloud as a way to access my music on the go...if you subscribe to google play (their ver of Spotify basically), you get to upload 20k songs of your own...could work for me : I have 120k songs, but I'm sure a lot of those are already in the Google Play system...hmmmmm

Realbarcio

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:08:57 am »

I totally agree! This is an essential function in order to use smart playlists!

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 02:15:10 pm »

With regard to adding the ability to RATE tracks via GIZMO, I know a lot of us out there are wanting this feature implemented ASAP.  I'm not sure why J River isn't interested in adding it?  It would increase the value of MC for me many times over because I could more easily listen to songs I haven't heard before which are unrated, and rate them without having to go to my computer.  Can we get any kind of response or reconsideration for this feature?

alicenir

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 07:29:35 am »

hi,

please also add "Shutdown" feature in Gizmo to be able to remote shutdown the HTPC or in my case AudioPC running server 2012 r2 core edition...

thanks
Nir

Al ex

Re: AW: Re: More functions for Gizmo, please
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »

With regard to adding the ability to RATE tracks via GIZMO, I know a lot of us out there are wanting this feature implemented ASAP.  I'm not sure why J River isn't interested in adding it?  It would increase the value of MC for me many times over because I could more easily listen to songs I haven't heard before which are unrated, and rate them without having to go to my computer.  Can we get any kind of response or reconsideration for this feature?
+1

SeldomSeen

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 10:55:35 am »

Looks like Rating has been added.  Showed up for me yesterday my jaw hit the floor when my playing now screen showed a 4 star rated track while I was driving to the store.

I would love the ability to sync/link zones via Gizmo.   I use Gizmo to "play here" when I'm out and about but I use it to control my whole home audio system when home.  I have 3 raspberry Pis running a DLNA server and can control them all individually but it would be nice to be able to group them via Gizmo rather than having to sit down at my PC running MC19 to do so.

modulok

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

Gizmo is really super stable and fast on my s4 and xperia tablet z, thats Most important. But still I would also love more Features and settings, other styles, skins, List could be very long. Most important to me was an addon that lets you embed lyrics, that are displayed along the singing. I also have foobarcon pro and this has a Lot of nice Extras.

And would under guarantee get you loads of New customers.

So, what you want to Start with :)

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 11:21:55 am »

Thanks so much for adding rating to Gizmo!

modulok- Do you use foobarcon  along with Gizmo, or instead of it?

sskings

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »

Is it possible to list albums in random order in Gizmo?

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 06:18:14 pm »

Gizmo has been a poor cousin to ios control apps like jremote. Perhaps it's time to reverse that...

Net Applications: Android’s share of global smartphone and tablet usage has narrowly topped worldwide combined usage of iPhones and iPad tablets.
Strategy Analytics: Android operating system now accounting for a record 84.6 percent share of global smartphone shipments.

I would love Gizmo to let me
1. send to playlist (and create a new playlist)
2. view/update metadata for an album
3. jump to allmusic/amazon/discogs/add you own url
4. select to list artists/albums in a list not just icons - more real estate this way. I often cant see enough text to id the correct artist.
5. jump to alphabet or swipe - this would save heaps of time searching
5. use a volume slider - the tablet volume button is too slow, multiple clicks are needed.

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »

+1 for the many excellent suggestions here and how true with regard to the rapid penetration of Android devices.

I'd love for MC to be able to more fully support Android devices and touch interface devices in general (MC with Win8.1 tablet using touch is an unusable horror). Except for video played to the device, Gizmo is fairly stable and works really well with my Android phone and tablet, but at least a few navigational improvements would sure be nice.

It's really great at a party as a remote control to be able to queue up a list tracks to play, but it is not safe to hand to the inexperienced to make a choice, as it is all too easy to inadvertently wipe that carefully selected playing now list (with no chance of recovery) while navigating the files. Maybe a Party Mode where any selected track, inadvertently or not, defaults to being added to the Playing Now list instead of abruptly stopping the current track and changing to the selected track (much the way a jukebox works).
Of course then it follows that the capability to modify the Playing Now list to change the order or remove tracks would be nice.

My previous suggestion of a GIZMO Search behaviour improvement http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88682.msg608319#msg608319 would make it an even better party jukebox tool to hand around to guests to make their choice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up