INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black screen with HDTV channels.  (Read 3746 times)

hormiga79

• Recent member
Black screen with HDTV channels.
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:05 am »

Hello:

I've been testing JRiver V18.0.212, and everything seems that works fine except the HDTV channels: When a HDTV channel is played, the screen goes black and there is not any activity. However, when a SDTV channel is selected everything goes right.

My TV card is a Kworld Dual DVB-T PCI, model DVB-T PC160. This card works well with SD and HD channels when I used other software.

I scanned the channels several times to be sure I have not made any mistakes, but I always get the same result. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried to follow the topic "How to send MC logs related to TV to developers" but I can not find "Logging..." in "Help" menu, so I don't know how to generate the logs.

Thanks in advance.

hormiga79

• Recent member
Re: Black screen with HDTV channels.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:25:18 am »

Anyone can help me?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »

I've tried to follow the topic "How to send MC logs related to TV to developers" but I can not find "Logging..." in "Help" menu, so I don't know how to generate the logs.

Logging... should be there.  See attached screenshot.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:40 am »

Thanks for clarifying how to generate logs. Seeing your image I felt stupid. I did not find how to generate the logs due to the Spanish translation. Returning to English everything is clearer.

Something that I didn't said in my original post is that the program is running at all times. That is, when I select a HDTV channel no ​​picture (black screen) and no sound, but I can press "stop" and return to the main menu without any problem because JRiver is still running.

I tried with the V19, but I get the same result. I have also updated the drivers for TV card, but without success.

I include the logs generated when I try to display a HDTV channel (V18).

Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:52:59 am »

Sorry about the problem.  Your log shows that no video samples are received except one, which likely was an invalid one anyway.

Do you know for sure that this device supports DVB-T2 channels?  Do you know what video format is used in your country for HD channels?

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:36 am »

The TV card supports DVB-T not DVB-T2.  What happens if the card does not support DVB-T2? I think in my country, Spain, DVB-T2 is not yet implemented. The video format is H264 for HD channels.
This is the information of a HD channel:
Tipo: DVB-T
ID de Red: 12548
ID de Servicio: 148
TSID: 16
Frecuencia: 658000
Banda Ancha: 8
ONID: 8916
Audio PID: 503
vídeo PID: 501
Audio format: MPEG-1 Audio
Video format: AVC1/H.264

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:38 pm »

When I first started working on DVB-T2 support, I got the impression that HD channels with H264 video are DVB-T2.  I maybe wrong on that, but it is a possible explanation why you can not view the HD channels.

The parameters you provided match those in the channel you tried to play.  Did you get that channel by scanning using the same device?

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:51:49 am »

Yes, these parameters correspond to a HD channel scanned with this TV card. That channel is the same as the log included in the previous post.

When scanning channels with JRiver, detects all correctly both the SD and the HD: no errors. The problem occurs when trying to view a HD channel. All the HD channels have the same video and audio codec.

The card manufacturer (KWorld) distributes its own software for TV viewing. I have installed this software on the same platform and all channels can be displayed properly. I've been using for many years another mediacenter with the same platform and have never had this problem. For that reason I'm sure it must be my mistake when configuring the JRiver.

I'm using JRiver for 2 or 3 weeks and I'm enjoying it a lot. If I can solve this problem, JRiver will become my perfect mediacenter.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

When I first started working on DVB-T2 support, I got the impression that HD channels with H264 video are DVB-T2.  I maybe wrong on that, but it is a possible explanation why you can not view the HD channels.
HD channels can be DVB-T or DVB-T2 (similarly DVB-S or DVB-S2). When I lived in Australia I had a DVB-T USB stick (non-DVB-T2) which picked up HD channels. The UK uses DVB-T2 exclusively but for a while had a mixture of DVB-S2 and DVB-S for HD.

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

Since no one in Australia ever complained about not being able to watch AVC/H264 channels, I assume Australia HD channels are MPEG-2, not AVC/H264.

If hormiga79 can watch HD channels in other applications, I assume this is not a matter of DVB-T vs. DVB-T2.  Channel scanning did pick up the facts that the channel has H264 video and MPEG-1 audio.  I wonder what else is important.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 06:52:37 am »

Here's a list of FTA HD channels that I can tune form my satellite dish:

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&hdtv=1&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

The site seems to suggest that they are a mix of DVB-S and DVB-S2, but all are MPEG-4 video (and presumably h264 in the container), so presumably MC is fairly agnostic to S vs S2.

Maybe it's a video decoded issue? I seem to remember there was a driver issue with some graphics cards with decoding some HD streams. Not sure it was a black screen though. Maybe try updating graphics drivers?  Also maybe try toggling 'use hardware acceleration' for decoding in Options->Video. Probably easiest to do this first.

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »

hormiga79, please try this patch.  After downloading the zipped file, unzip it and copy MJTVControl.dll into <MC18 install folder>\TV\ sub-folder.

I found one thing from the log file that is disturbing.  The log shows that, after tuning is done, the video stream (PID 501) is marked as category 0 (Other) instead of category 1 (video).  And the status is "Inactive".  I do not know if the stream is deliberately designated "other", but the inactive status may indicate something wrong.  The patch tries to force the status to "active".

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »

Sandy B Ridge:
- The drivers of the graphics and TV cards are updated.
- The graphics acceleration is enabled.
But nothing happens.

Yaobing:
I replaced the file "MJTVControl.dll" by the new that you sent me, but everything remains the same: black screen with HD channels. I include the new log generated after copying the patch. Also attached an image of the problem if it helps.

I do not know what else to try. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you both for your help.

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:24 am »

I have not found a solution yet.

I noticed that when playing a SD channel, icons of ASIO4ALL and madVR appear (see image SD.jgp). However, when trying to play a HD channel, these icons do not appear (see image HD.jpg).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »

I have not found a solution yet.

I noticed that when playing a SD channel, icons of ASIO4ALL and madVR appear (see image SD.jgp). However, when trying to play a HD channel, these icons do not appear (see image HD.jpg).

That is because MC has not had chance to load those components yet, as there is no video packets coming when playing an HD channel.

hormiga79

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 12:41:41 am »

Sorry, but I do not know what that means. My experience with JRiver goes back to just one month. Does that mean that I can not use JRiver to watch and record TV?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:47 am »

Sorry, but I do not know what that means. My experience with JRiver goes back to just one month. Does that mean that I can not use JRiver to watch and record TV?

Until we figure out why the HD channels behave the way they do with your tuner device.  I was just explaining why you did not see the madVR and ASIO4ALL icons.  Something is wrong, it could be the driver of your device, or MC not handling the particular type of HD channels in your country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up