INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media server problems  (Read 1353 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Media server problems
« on: August 16, 2013, 01:57:49 am »

I am not sure where this goes, as this issue affects both media Center 18 and media Center 19. I am having a problem using the DNLA server and my TV. I bought a device that lets me run any android application on my TV (I use it for things like Netflix), but I can also run gizmo on there.  I said of the DNLA server , and have verified that I can access the server by using my phone, as well as the TV. I am able to log into the server on my phone, and I am able to listen to audio and and view video from my phone. However, my TV seems to be having issues. I am able to login correctly to the server on my TV, and navigate around in directories. But am not able to stream any video to my TV; gizmo just tells me that it is "preparing" the video file, however, nothing ever displays. I did notice that there is some media Center server activity in the task manager, so that tells me that there is something processing. It's just not displaying on my TV.

Can anybody help me here, or at least help me understand why it's not showing up my TV?  Perhaps there is some setting that I'm aware of that might be the answer

n8

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Media server problems
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:55:49 am »

have you checked the conversion settings for the Gizmo app on your TV vs phone? (in app press menu > options). i had the same problem last week but i barely ever stream video, only music.. you can then try experimenting with media network settings. what version of Android is that TV running?
Pages: [1]   Go Up