INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transferring to HDD  (Read 1560 times)

stpierre76

• Recent member
transferring to HDD
« on: August 23, 2013, 06:46:28 pm »

hi all,

i am wondering how easy it is to transfer my entire music library which includes ripped cd and downloads from hd tracks onto a HDD.
at the moment i only use jriver to rip cd and download music via the hd track window, but do not use jriver as media player as i have a naim streamer that fishes out the files from the computer , still under jriver i beleive.

do i have to change anything in the location or properties? i am a bit clueless when it comes to software and computers.
any advice would be appreciated.
regards
jean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: transferring to HDD
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:53:21 pm »

Maybe you mean to move the files from the hard drive of your computer to an external hard drive?  For that, you could use Explorer and copy and paste.

If that's not it, please describe what your existing setup is and what you're adding to it.

stpierre76

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:08:16 am »

Hi jimH,

my appologies for the late reply. I thought my post never made it as I had some little issues with my laptop.
thanks a lot for replying.
I ll try to explain what I really want and see if this makes more sense.
I currently got a HP laptop running win 7 and only 250Gb hard drive on it which is almost at full capacity and feel it s running slow. I only use it as a media server, and have jriver with all my music ripped and stored (flac and wav)on  it plus a few albums downloaded from HD tracks.
I am also running iTunes with a few kids movie on it.
JRiver and iTunes are under the C drive.
What I am wanting is to move all the jriver files onto an external HDD, but keep the jriver software in the current location and be able to play all my music, having jriver retrieve the files from the permanently connected HDD via usb.
does that make sense?
Alternatively, may be of instead of having a usb HDD permanently attached to the laptop, I should simply upgrade the current hard drive in the laptop to a bigger one and transfer all the files back on it.
kind regards
john

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 08:34:12 am »

Our wiki has a topic called "Moving Files".
Pages: [1]   Go Up