INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun Prime - "No television tuner is available to fulfill your request."  (Read 5670 times)

Rick2112

Hello,

No matter what I do, I get the same error message saying no television tuner is available. I did a search and found people having this issue who were running servers, but I'm not. I have two identical laptops and I've tried configuring each machine separately yet, the same error appears on both. One computer is wired, the other wireless, not that it makes a difference.

I have a single HDHomeRun Prime, that has three HD tuners. Everything appears to be configured correctly. I can see all three tuners, and I can get the channel listing and program guide.

As a side note, it does work in Microsoft Media Center, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

My suggestion is that you post this request for help here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=11.0
I'd include a link back to this post to keep the threads connected.

The TV discussion pages are where you'll get better dialogue on your problem.

You should also have a good look at this topic as well:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52448.0

I've got an HDHR3-DT for over the air DVB-T signals but I'll take a stab in the dark and assume that setup works the same way or is similar. Running HDHomeRun Setup > Application tab, you need to ensure that "J River Media Center" is selected. If Prime works fine with MCE it may be that you haven't flicked the switch to run with MC.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Rick2112

Thank you for the information. I'll repost in the TV section and check out the links.

I did check the home run application and I do have it set for JRiver.

Thanks again for replying.
Rick

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Tools > Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA.

Once turned on, it takes a few seconds for MC to discover the devices (HDHomeRun Prime, Ceton InfiniTV).  Then you can play a channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up