INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 17 to 19 - can I transfer all playlists?  (Read 1353 times)

onlywhenilarf

Version 17 to 19 - can I transfer all playlists?
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:53 pm »

I just upgraded from 17 to 19, and it looks like I'm going to have to move all my playlists by hand.

Am I missing something?

TIA!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Version 17 to 19 - can I transfer all playlists?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:23:10 am »

You are referring to playlists shown in MC Tree under the item "Playlist", right? As far as I know, MC should import them automatically during install. At least it did all the time for me ;)

As MC obviously didn't import the playlists for you, you can try to do a backup in MC17 and import it in MC19.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:29 am »

If what StFeder doesn't work for you off the bat, download and install last MC 18 version. (will work with your 19 license) then reinstall 19 -- might be some differences in Library that might not be handled in the same way if you jump from 17 to 19. 

Not totally sure of this, but it won't hurt .. helped somebody else with an install issue. You can have multiple versions of MC installed on the same PC -- remove the old ones when everything is working for you.

citywidedan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 06:36:58 pm »

I just upgraded from ver 17 to 19 as well. The best way I've found to get all my playlists in is to do a library Restore  ie File/Library/Restore Library and all saved playlists and library functions returned. Make sure you know where your library was saved to.  Options ... Restore library and playlists checked and Restore settings checked Try It!

citywidedan  :)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:12 am »

Hi,

I'm trying to restore my MC 18 library and settings into MC19 and it is not working.

MC 19 says restore successful but playlists are not added - does this process take time?

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 06:24:15 am »

My mistake - I didn't point MC19 to the MC18 backup directory.

ALL GOOD NOW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up