INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Squeezebox issue please...  (Read 1376 times)

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
Help with Squeezebox issue please...
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »

So in MC 18 I see my squeezebox boom as a zone, in fact I see it twice, oncd as Squeezebox and again as Squeezebox by Whitebear. So yes I am running Whitebear (lastest version).
So here is my problem...something has gone wrong, when I add music to either of the two afore mentioned zones, the progress bar moves along for about 4 seconds then goes back to the begining of the track (if a single track was q-ed) or on to the next track is an album is q-ed.
Does anyone havd a suggestion of what is going wrong here or how to troubleshoot it? I must add that this used to work but has not for some time now.

B.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with Squeezebox issue please...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »

Try to switch off the LMS DLNA server and only use the Whitebear solution.

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 05:45:57 am »

Thank you for your suggestion. I have disabled the LMS dlna server but this has not made any diff.
I tried installing MC and LMS only on my laptop, works perfectly, so it would seem something on my pc where I have my music collection has gone awry, if anyone has any suggestions on how i can trouble shoot this I would be grateful.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 06:19:29 am »

Then I have no idea. Sorry.

You can always try the usual stuff:
Install LMS, MC and Whitebear all on the same PC
Make sure that no other instances of those programs are running on your local network
Disable all plugins in LMS
Restart the PC

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 07:28:03 am »

Yep,  have done all that, I even tried ticking the right click options on the squeezebox by whitebear in the playing now. Interestingly when I checked 'DisableSetNextSupport' the track played for 10 seconds but then failed and moved to the next track.

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:51:50 am »

Thought I would try one more thing. I created a new windows account and ran MC19 as a fresh install without restoring my back up. All worked fine.
So maybe there is some conflict or corruption in my normal windows account which has MC17 and 18 and 19 installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up