INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with ripping |PLS| digital playback  (Read 620 times)

realsquid

Problem with ripping |PLS| digital playback
« on: March 14, 2002, 10:11:20 am »

I've been using Media Jukebox 7.2 on Win98 for months with no problem.  I even used it yesterday.  This morning, however, I turned on my computer, launched MJ, and could no longer play or rip cds.  When I try to play a cd, all the tracks show up in the 'Playing Now' list, but it stays in the 'stop' position.  If I hit play, nothing happens.  It will play if I turn off 'digital playback' (though I've had it set to 'digital playback' without a problem up until today).

Worse, if I try to rip a cd, on each track, the status goes to 'Initializing...', then an error shows up saying 'Read track failed.  Not initialized.'  It proceeds to do this for each track on the cd.

What gives?

dave.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Problem with ripping |PLS| digital playback
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 10:14:26 am »

sounds like a system problem, you may want to try to reinstal MJ, if that does not work it may be a system - OS problem.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

realsquid

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2002, 11:22:24 am »

Well, I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled.  I'm still having the same problem.  Any other ideas from anyone?

Thanks.

dave.

realsquid

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 03:31:27 pm »

Further information: when I go to Settings > Options > CD Writer Settings, it tries to detect the CD writer, then gives an error message: "Failed to initialize CD writer control."

Is this board really the only form of tech support for paid users?

dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up