INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devices Supporting DLNA Gapless with JRemote  (Read 2262 times)

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
Devices Supporting DLNA Gapless with JRemote
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:44:47 pm »

I realise that gapless playback has been discussed here a lot, but I cannot find any conclusive list of renderers/playback devices that are known to support gapless push, especially as recent firmware updates postdate some of the threads on the forum.

Scenario: use JRemote iOS app to cause a gapless FLAC album to play on a device.

Please report if it works for you. I am mainly interested in the device as a transport, using S/PDIF or coax to feed LPCM to my AVR (Anthem), so a quality DAC is not essential, but a good clock/oscillator would be welcome, plus reliability and a keen price.

Do any of these work for you, by any chance?

• Denon DNP-720AE
  • Denon DNP-F109
  • Marantz NA-7004
  • Onkyo T-4070
  • Pioneer N-30/N-50/Elite
  • ...please suggest others that work

Ta,
Rafal

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
Re: Devices Supporting DLNA Gapless with JRemote
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:13:14 am »

Based on the lack of replies, I assume there are *no* DLNA renders that support gapless FLAC push playback when used with JRiver and JRemote.

Actually, I could add one to the list. To my surprise, Sonos Z80 works relatively well this way and seems gapless. I just wish that JRemote would be more reliable in reporting the current position (playhead) as it is a bit erratic.

Still, what a pity to learn that no one here has found any other device that works gapless this way.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 11:42:16 am »

None of the DLNA hardware I've used works for gapless playback, synchronized playback, or playback commands sent from the device with Media Center.

I don't know whether it's a Media Center issue or a DLNA one. Most of the hardware I've bought has supported both DLNA and AirPlay, and all of the above works with the latter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »

Try a search on setnextavtransport and read the discussions Bob and AndrewFG have had.

wtrimble

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:19:13 am »

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I just downloaded iTunes and ripped an album using their Apple Losless format ALAC. I stream this through DNLA, LAN line, to my Pioneer 1222K and it plays back gapless no problem. I love using JRiver Media player but  I guess iTunes meets my limited needs of ripping albums in lossless format and streaming gapless playback to my receiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up