INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: connecting MC on my office network to my home network  (Read 1132 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
connecting MC on my office network to my home network
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »

What is the correct way to connect MC running on my office computer to my home computer running MC and MS. I have tried the access key generated by MC on my home computer. I have tried the main IP address of my home. I do have PLEX media center running on my home and I can see it on my office computer. I don't know if anything specific to MC needs to be done to the router. I did not have to do anything for PLEX. MC has all rights/permissions on my firewall. Each time I try to connect MC from my office, it starts attempting to connect then I get a (not responding) in the add library pop up  and then it say there was a problem loading the library. Then it gives the option to retry, load the main library or load a different library. Any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: connecting MC on my office network to my home network
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:23:04 pm »

Take a look here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Key

and at the Network Access topic linked at the bottom of that page.

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: connecting MC on my office network to my home network
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:51 am »

Got it working. Did not have port forwarding done correctly. One remaining question I have in regards to being able to use this with slower internet connections. I have 75 up and down at my home. My office has 60 up and down. With the exception of when I advance through a movie it buffers for a few seconds, the movies play perfectly. When I travel, many of the hotels have slow connections and on top of that most time you are using wireless connection. Are there any settings that can be made that would help on slower connections.
Pages: [1]   Go Up