INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the status of NetFlix in v19?  (Read 3875 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
What's the status of NetFlix in v19?
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:02:32 pm »

Can anyone tell me if Netflix has been touched at all within v19?

Has it improved or is it still the same empty interface that I see now when I try it via v18?

Cheers!

VP

CountryBumkin

Re: What's the status of NetFlix in v19?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

It's the same as 18. Nothing JRiver can do - it is the way Netflix supports its use.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »

It's the same as 18. Nothing JRiver can do - it is the way Netflix supports its use.

Thanks!

VP

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 02:30:10 am »

Has it improved or is it still the same empty interface that I see now when I try it via v18?

Do you use a keyboard with your MC?

I don't know why I didn't think of this beforehand, but I'm going to try loading the Netflix webpage from within Theater View tonight to see how that goes. I have a little RF keyboard mouse thing that I use, so it's not going to be that much more difficult for me, and since MC doesn't process the audio / video anyway, I figure why not?

It's not the perfect solution - it's certainly not "integrated" and goes against Matt's "5 button" rule with Theater View, but it may just let me hold off on that Roku for a little longer...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:02:22 am »

What are you trying to do? I usually use my desktop computer to go to Netflix site and load up "My List" (or queue) with the movies and shows I want to see. Then I select and play back through Theater View. There is no need for a keyboard. If you want to use the Netflix Search feature a keyboard would be handy but the Netflix search feature has a dropdown keyboard thing that lets you select letters one by one. I don't see any reason to try an run Netflix in any other way. perhaps you could explain.
Thanks

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:00:06 am »

A few things...

Since the whole Netflix api debacle, everything is taking forever to load in Theatre View.
Search is great, but when you're just looking for something to watch with nothing in mind, it's pretty useless.
MC doesn't support profiles.
The queue in MC only updates after restarting MC (including server I think). Again, pretty useless.
TBH the UI on the Netflix page is actually nicer IMO (subjective, of course). It also provides more functionality.

What I'm suggesting seems to work OK, so I'll take some screenshots to show you what I mean.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:21:49 am »

Screenshot as promised...

(Excuse the OSK, keyboard doesnt have PrntScn button...)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 05:15:36 am »

A few things...

Since the whole Netflix api debacle, everything is taking forever to load in Theatre View.
Search is great, but when you're just looking for something to watch with nothing in mind, it's pretty useless.
MC doesn't support profiles.
The queue in MC only updates after restarting MC (including server I think). Again, pretty useless.
TBH the UI on the Netflix page is actually nicer IMO (subjective, of course). It also provides more functionality.

What I'm suggesting seems to work OK, so I'll take some screenshots to show you what I mean.

Netflix will reload its queue on restart of the client machine - but each time you do that (i.e. add new movies/shows and restart) it resets the "watched checkmark" so if your watching a Series and want to add a movie, you lose the last place you left off.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 06:06:20 am »

I'm actually finding the experience better using the Netflix website, so gonna stick with it.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:37:08 am »

Well...I tried some of the option suggested like pre-loading the queue etc...nothing seems to work. I am removing NetFlix from Theater View...

Our new Oppo BDP-105 arrives later today - hopefully it's Netflix interface gives us a little more success.

Cheers,

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up