INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loudness cannot be activated  (Read 1685 times)

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
Loudness cannot be activated
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »

Hi,
I have noticed that MC doesn't react when I switch and enable Internal Volume/Loudness. The sound is not changing and the Audio Path information values is not changing.
And is it correct that the audio path is bit perfect when loudness is enabled, referring to the blue Audio Path icon, see attached images?

Have I missed something here or what could be the issue?

I am running 19.0.38.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Loudness cannot be activated
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »

Loudness only engages when the volume is less than the 'Internal volume reference level' (which defaults to 100%).  Could that explain it?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:12:30 pm »

I don't think so, because loudness has worked before and I haven't made any listening environment changes. (Where can I see the value for 'Internal volume reference level'?)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 04:38:14 pm »

It's in your screenshot, set to 100.

But have you turned down the volume slider to be below 100?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:23:38 am »

I never turn up the volume slider to 100. And I have seen that MC, when switching to loudness mode, automatically turns down the volume slider. But maybe I accidentally put the slider to its full position, I am not quite sure. I didn't put any attention to the slider...

This problem occurred after I had added an explicit 'loudness zone'. I then noticed loudness wasn't enabled. And when I switched to loudness mode in my other zones MC didn't enable loudness there as well.

However, today I deleted the zone and loudness is now working fine. I also tested to add an explicit 'loudness zone' and it's working there as well, so everything seems to be ok.  :)

If this problem occurs again, I will for sure take a more close look at the volume slider... Thanks for informing me!

Pages: [1]   Go Up