INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The MC19 hangs all the time at work - MC19 Server at home works fine  (Read 1543 times)

wadbat75

• Recent member

Hi,

I got one MC19 server running at home and one MC19 at work using the library at home.

When I start playing at work it works fine, but after a while I can't touch it. MC19 still plays music bit it does not communicate with me. The music stops sometimes, but continues after one or many minutes. Without me doing anything. I can't!

As soon as I click somewhere on MC19 it turns grey. After some time, from half a minute to many minutes, it goes back to normal colours. But as soon as I try to do anything with it turns grey again. W7 says it's not responding and wants to kill it.

When I kill the MC19 at work and then restart it I have to download the library. It noticed it was 28 MB. I rebuilt the library and got 5 MB. After a day it was 10 MB! I don't know why and I don't know if it does matter for the hanging problem at work.

The PC at home and at work are similar W7-machines with 8 GB memory and I7 processors.

I did not have these problems with MC18.

Should I go back to MC18?

Edit:
I did some additional tests and found out that I didn't have to play music. I simply start the MC19, MC19 downloads the library and then it starts to hang and after a while I can reach it and then it hangs again. It goes on forever.

There is nothing in the log file. I mean, it's not even a log file! Nothing.

Anyone else who has seen this problem?

Edit:
If I run the MC19 at work using local library there is no problems at all with hanging and such.

Edit:
Installed 19.0.36 on them and the 5.5 MB library on the server. MC19 at work still hangs as before.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: The MC19 hangs all the time at work - MC19 Server at home works fine
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

That sounds like the problem with Chrome.

Try changing the internal browser from Chromium to Internet Explorer in:

Tools->Options->Tree & View->Web Browser->Engine

Worked for me and several other people, as described in:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82850.msg566368#msg566368

wadbat75

• Recent member
Re: The MC19 hangs all the time at work - MC19 Server at home works fine
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:36:19 am »

Hi kstuart,

Thank you for answering!

I had Internet Explorer as the internal browser allready. Tried Chromium just to see, but that did not make any difference.

wadbat75

• Recent member

Problem solved!

I checked the memory. Of 8 GB 1 GB were free, so I thought it would be all right.

But since I could not think of anything to do to get things working I added 8 GB memory and tried that. After 6 hours of continuous playing and at the same time checking the Media Center process I am sure there are no problems left. Not one incident.

Some times the MC19 waits for more data (music) from the Internet (my server at home) but that's normal and does not last more than a few seconds. And is usually at the beginning of the next track.

The PC at work still not uses more than 7 GB of a total of 16 GB.

I have no idea about the actual problem behind this, but maybe someone else could use this information anyway: If you have 1 GB free memory maybe that's not enough!

Pages: [1]   Go Up