INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a good/easy way to...  (Read 1723 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Is there a good/easy way to...
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:31 am »

launch mc if not running,
start playback of a video file straight to full-screen display view,
ensure mc has focus, is top of the z-order, and accepting input (for OSD controls etc)

on ending of video or sending "stop", have MC switch to no_gui mode and pass focus back to previous app, or exit MC altogether.

I'm thinking along the lines of being able to use web gizmo (or similar) on the same machine which runs MC.

Currently, if MC is closed, and I browse, select, play a video file through web gizmo - MC starts in no_gui mode; I can hear the audio but no video.
I can see the little madvr icon in the tray, so I know its doing its thing, but no video until I select 'show media center' from the tray icon.
what i would like is to select play in webgizmo, have display view kick in and play the video, then once finished disappear again and be back at the browser.

I've seen the 'jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally' option, but it doesn't affect anything when started with only media server running i.e. mc always opens in no_gui.

Also, I'd like to retain the no_gui mode when playing audio only files.

So really I'm just looking for a tweak to behaviour for video files...
An easy to use way to trigger playback & hide/exit the video player once complete; from an external application, without having to monitor notifications, change focus or test gui states etc.
either through commands or MCWS

thx

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a good/easy way to...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:17:42 am »

I was looking this up for someone else so i thought i'd reply.

This will hide the UI.
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22000&Parameter=-1000
Pages: [1]   Go Up