INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuring DLNA Renderer  (Read 5414 times)

Mogul

• Recent member
Configuring DLNA Renderer
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:54:51 pm »

Hi All!  I'm a newbie to MC and have MC 18 installed on a HTPC.  I'd have to say I've learned a lot and much of the configurations and mock ups are working well.  MC is amazing software and after using WMC for the last 3 years, the vision of what a Media Center should be is in our midst.  I started this year redesigning and installing a whole house A/V system and am still at it.  Fun, challenging, frustrating and awesome breakthroughs when it comes together.  I do need some guidance on this task.

My current task is to get an Onkyo HT______ Receiver as a DLNA Zone in MC to play MP3 files from the main library on MC.  The files are on an NAS and this configuration with MC is working well.  I am using an Android Tablet with Gizmo as the control.  I am connected to the Onkyo via hardwired Ethernet for this setup.  The Onkyo sees the DLNA Server from MC, and a will provide the categories for playback, ie., Audio, Video, etc.  When I go to select music  from Gizmo, and attempt to play this, it gives me an error message on the MC Server that the DLNA device is not able to play and requests I check the device, server for configuration issues.  Here are some questions I have.

Does the MC DLNA Server key off of the MAC Address or the IP address or both for the DLNA device?

When setting up a DLNA Zone, do I need to set up a separate Port value between the DLNA Server and the DLNA renderer?  (I'm able to define a port value on the renderer)

In the DLNA Server Configuration for this zone, I have the options of using PCM or MP3 for audio.  Because my library is MP3, I'm assuming this is the selection I will want to use?

Are there other considerations and areas I need to know about and check that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

davide256

• Recent member
Re: Configuring DLNA Renderer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

your first step  (assuming your HTPC is the DLNA controller and the Onkyo is the DLNA renderer ) is to make sure you can see the Onkyo
as a device in the MC zones. MC isn't usually the problem here. Have you downloaded the user manual to see if the Onkyo can behave as a DLNA renderer? Once you can see it as a device, then you can define its server type for music format in MC. Since you are hardwired to the Onkyo, have you defined a static IP address at both ends using the distant end IP address for gateway address?
Pages: [1]   Go Up