INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Duplicated  (Read 939 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Library Duplicated
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:17:09 am »

So I caused this problem, and I'd restore a backup but I did a lot of things since I made the mistake...  I moved a subset of my library from one NAS to another (r:\ to t:\).  I copied the files over and verified the FLAC files.  I forgot that the location I moved them to was already in an auto-import search, so MC19 picked up the "new" files and imported them, essentially duplicating this section of my library.  No problem I thought, I'll just delete those from the library based on import date, then do the search and replace to point the old library items to the new drive and remove the old drive from the auto-import settings.  Worked great.

Except, now when I auto-import, it finds these files on t:\ (the new ones) and tells me 2,697 files not imported because they were previously deleted from the library.  The weird part, is they are in the library already.  I'm afraid to un-check that box on the auto-import that says "Ignore previously deleted files" because I think it may see the files on t:\, that are already in the library and re-import them all over again.

If I export my library to XML and search for one these 2697 files, it only shows up once.  How does auto-import know to ignore these files?  Is there anyway to reset that for these files only?  I really don't want to reset that check on my full auto-import because who knows what I've delete from the library over the past 3 years that I in fact don't want to show in there... 

Thanks!

--Ryan

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Library Duplicated
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 01:16:35 pm »

Create a playlist, and in the Import/Export button, set the Smartlist rules data to:

~d=r

There you'll see the list of items Removed from the library (which should not be reimported when auto-import runs again). You're free to remove entries from here - these files will later be reimported if they exist and auto-import is configured to find these files.

Also, be sure to remove any unnecessary paths from your auto-import folders.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Library Duplicated
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:53 pm »

Exactly what I needed!  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up