INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings not restored after uninstall/re-install  (Read 1229 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
Settings not restored after uninstall/re-install
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:01 am »

Hi!

I am using the latest version of MC19 (19.0.38). I have been getting a few crashes for no reason and I know in the past when this happens MC forum suggests you save your library settings and do a uninstall & then re-install the latest version of MC.

So I tried that today and made sure I backed up my library before I did the uninstall.  When MC uninstall came up I had the option to delete library, which I DID NOT check.  Then I did the re-installed MC from this link found on the forum .  Opened MC and went to restore library settings and made sure that I checked the boxes on the reinstall settings and playlists too.

I noticed right away that I lost the settings for the customized display and alternate display settings up on top, then realized all my skin plug-ins that I downloaded from here are gone.  ?    As well as my saved pre-sets for my column setups, the gap settings, and I bet I there are others that I havent realized yet.

Did I do something wrong when I did the re-install for this to happen?   
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Settings not restored after uninstall/re-install
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:14 pm »

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's necessary to re-install plugins after uninstalling Media Center. 
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:31 pm »

After using MC all day I have found I have lost all my settings under "options".  >:(   

I can understand having to reinstall plug-ins.  But I would really like to know if this is a normal thing to have to redo all these options after a reinstall?   

I know there will be times when I (not to mention other users that may have to deal with this) will have to do a uninstall/re-install again and I think it would be nice to be able to save all of these settings.  Is there a way to do that?   ?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »

Restoring a library backup should restore all your settings. Try restoring again and make sure the "Restore Settings" option is enabled.

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »

Restoring a library backup should restore all your settings. Try restoring again and make sure the "Restore Settings" option is enabled.

Yes, that was the first thing I tried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up