INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing over MTP, can it be done?  (Read 2170 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Syncing over MTP, can it be done?
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:45:53 pm »

First of all, hi! It's been ages since I've been here.

Then, the actual question:
I had to buy a new phone after losing my trusted Xperia Ray somewhere on the beach in Montaņita after too many drinks. I ended up with a Samsung S3 mini and a soon as I wanted to sync my music and playlists I realized that there was no USB Mass Storage Mode on that phone (which I've used in the past without problems), only MTP.

Trying to sync with (sorry!!!!) MC14, no playlists were transferred, only two empty .pla files. So of course I turn to the dear old trusted forum here!

I'm totally willing to upgrade MC is necessary, but I want to know if anyone has similar issues still or if it's just because I'm using an ancient version of MC?

Thank you!

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Syncing over MTP, can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:44:21 am »

I think the phone itself may not be the issue...

My HTC One also uses this MTP thing, and while MC19 can sync to it, it's far too unreliable to be of any real use. I've given up trying until someone finds the time to address the issues I listed here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82955.0

I have a strong suspicion that you may well find the same issues with your device.
You could always try MC19 on the 30 day trial.

-marko

Marty3d

Re: Syncing over MTP, can it be done?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:07 am »

So actually, files are transferred correctly and so far nothing strange has happened, except for the playlists (and the fact that browsing the phone in explorer when in MTP mode is utterly buggy, crappy, and slow).

So, have anyone got the playlists to work? Like, not being 0 bytes and preferrably transferred as m3u and not that crazy pla that doesn't seem to be supported by any android player...

Pages: [1]   Go Up