INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I create a MC17 playlist that will work on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2  (Read 1787 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not

I imagine that I can but Im not sure....... can someone tell me how and where that playlist should be located on the device.
 TIA

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
Re: Can I create a MC17 playlist that will work on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 02:37:32 pm »

Should I assume that this is not possible.......... or is it just a dumb question............. I have playlist in MC17 that sorts tracks by their rating but I am not sure if those playlist will work on the SGN2(same songs) and if they will, where the playlist file needs to reside on the phablet............Anyone??? Thanks

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Can I create a MC17 playlist that will work on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:25 pm »

yes you can, it's the purpose of sync function in MC, though people have had varying success with it as of late. if the playlist doesn't sync with the operation you can export the list manually to m3u format and select the relative path i think

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:05:38 pm »

Thanks alot for your help nitephlight ........ I appreciate it

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:49 pm »

I wasnt able to get the M3u option to work. The Note 2 creates .pla playlists and songs have to be added individually and manually. MC does not have a .pla option as far as creating then exporting playlist. I dont know the difference between the M3u extended, M3U8, ASX or any of the other options. Also when I try adding a MC playlist to the Sync..... it RE-adds existing songs, which duplicates the files instead of just adding a small playlist file ... I dont understand. My music library is around 9g but I have rated about 3g as favorites. I had hoped to use an existing MC created "rated"playlist where I could listen to my favorite  songs instead of having to shuffle thru everything and I dont think I am up to re-rating everything just for the Note2. Im hoping this is easier to do than I seem to be making it......... any help is appreciated.......... Anyone with a SGN2?

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Can I create a MC17 playlist that will work on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »

And that would be your varying success lol

It is a known problem with Android devices unless you're rooted can use usb mass storage mode

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »

I am rooted(CF-auto root)...... but I dont understand what that would would have to do with a playlist........ can you be more specific how that would work. I was thinking maybe there might be a 3rd party android player that could see the ratings that is stored in the MC file info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up