INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going down for a while  (Read 2954 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Going down for a while
« on: March 11, 2002, 08:14:49 am »

This period of dark brought to you by IQ 100.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

bennyd

• Project Leader
RE:Going down for a while
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 12:34:15 pm »

Why do all others have to suffer because of 1 person ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Michael Horton

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 12:39:42 pm »

remember all those extras reports you had to write in elementary school because of the class clown?

that's why

peer pressure works in person

I don't know about online

the reports, at least, made us smarter

but now we can just by them online

(going on 36 hours without so much as nodding off, so if I ramble . . .

don't be alarmed--I've gone for 48 hours w/o sleep countless times, and once went 72|PLS| and continued to function somewhat

I just noticed that when I'm sleepy that I forget to close out my parenth

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2002, 01:58:10 pm »

>> This period of dark brought to you by IQ 100
I am now wondering what they Or He did to make it go dark
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2002, 02:29:33 pm »

I'm really wondering what the point in taking Interact down just because of IQ is.

At least in school, when we had to do extra homework because of one person, we could beat that person up. We really don't have any recourse here. And unless you're prepared to take Interact down permanently, and in the progress drive away all of the people that help you support your product and beta test it, then you're blackout period is just a futile gesture. And even if you don't do it permanently, but you do it repeatedly, it's still only going to serve to piss off the people who have done nothing wrong (and did I mention, help you support your software and beta test it?).

Either way, it's pointless, and rather absurd. Don't take it out on us (and ultimately yourself) because you don't have the technical ability to ban him and keep him banned.

NY40Male

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2002, 02:31:51 pm »

god forbid u say something bad about JimH..he will either make this go down or wipe out the thread..and they talk bad about BILL GATES

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2002, 02:41:12 pm »

well i was wondering if IQ did something to the server or they were doing something to block him.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2002, 03:03:39 pm »

I just noticed something about this site. Its addictive qualities. I had been on earlier in the day with no problems. Then had some errands to run. When I came back I was dazed to find out I could not get on. For whatever reason, this has become my favorite place to hang out. I notice the same from a lot of you. Maybe it was the thorn in Jims' side, or maybe it was Jim himself. Don't know, don't care. Just glad to be HERE again.

KingSparta- Thanks for the reply. M

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2002, 03:09:47 pm »

No Problem Mike

By The Way Where Did The Handle "MachineHead" Come From?
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2002, 03:18:53 pm »

I am a huge fan of Deep Purple. Without question, the best album they ever made is Machine Head. Hence, my handle. It was something that took about a millisecond to come up with when I filled out the registration form. Next Page

Michael Horton

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2002, 03:54:46 pm »

probably went down by one of Raymond's typos, but JimH thought he'd make the most of the situation

Michael Horton

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2002, 03:56:31 pm »

maybe [former member] took the site down, and JimH and crew are puzzled how he did it but don't want us to know that

Michael Horton

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2002, 03:57:39 pm »

maybe JimH is just tired of the whole damned bunch of us but is too kind to say so

Michael Horton

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2002, 04:00:19 pm »

maybe JimH re-thought someone's earlier suggestion and decideded to go with conventional tech support, but when the rest of the JRiver crew realized that thay'd then start having to actually talk to US on the phone, they threatened to beat JimH up if he didn't put Interact back on line

Michael Horton

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2002, 04:05:55 pm »

MAchinehead

>>>>>>>>>> I just noticed something about this site. Its addictive qualities.

a year ago I started building a fence to run my grape vines along, but came inside briefly for a lunch break, and have never left

last year the grapes rotted on the ground

think I need rehab?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2002, 04:20:27 pm »

MachineHead

Thats What i thought, and I agree strongly it is the best dam rocking album Deep Purple ever made

I also like one other song they made

Deep Purple - Knocking At Your Back Door.mp3

I also think the Black Sabbath - Paranoid and AC-DC - Back In Black Is In The Same Class

They All Bring Back Some Of The Old Memories I Love To Remember when they were fresh off the street.

J River's Media Jukebox Is Allowing Me To Remember my younger years, and for that i am gratefull.

After My Evaluation I Am Currently Going Thru At Work I Will Have To Do Some Digging In The Shed To See What Unit I Was In When I Was In The 3rd ID, I Think I Supported D Co. 1\64th Armor, I Think I Was At Larson Barricks, if i remember correctly. 3\39th sticks out in my mind, i think they changed there unit id after I left.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2002, 05:21:26 pm »

MHorton- I can relate. We actually had this computer given to us. Compared to what I was on before this is about a light year ahead. So not long after, I decided to add a cd-rw drive. That's when I first started looking for a different media player. The one from Microsoft wouldn't recognize that I had a burner. Though you could see it plainly in system proporties. Well crap, I'm not about to fight with it. So I start a search in ZDNET downloads. I seriously thought about Musicmatch. But when I came to this place I thought it to be a much better program. So far I have not been disappointed. Anyway, I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and all the hard stuff is done. But to tear myself away and slap on the last few coats of mud and paint is just about unthinkable! But, if I want to keep peace in the house I'll do it one of these days.

KingSparta- That is also a favorite. One older song I like is Black Night. Whammy bar abuse!! I kind of fall into the catagory of music that you have listed. But not exclusively. I really a lot of the newer metal stuff out there. Something like Union Underground, Static-X, Fear Factory to name a few. I guess you could say I'm open to many styles. I just tend to listen to more the harder stuff. With a couple of exceptions...Robin Trower and Savoy Brown. I know I've mentioned them plenty of times. But they are just part of my daily ritual.

Angel

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2002, 06:36:04 pm »

1. In the beginning Jim created the MJ and the Talk Back.
2. Now the Talk Back was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of Jim hovered over the face of the Talk Back.
3. And Jim said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light.
4. And Jim saw the light, that it was good; and Jim divided the light from the [former member].

SeanC

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2002, 07:30:33 pm »

lol

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2002, 08:11:55 pm »

The first three singles (South African releases) that I bought myself (like with my own money!) were:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid/The Wizard
Deep Purple - Black Night/Speed King
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song/Whole Lotta Love

Man, those numbers turned me on to rock music in a huge way....about a year later I joined my first band (10th grade) and metal has been my favourite music TO PERFORM since then. Nothing comes close to the rush of pounding out a tight riff with a good bunch of like-minded competent musicians in front of a good crowd.

We obviously had to compromise and do more commercial stuff for dances, but we still managed to fit in numbers like Cream - Badge, Alice Cooper - Long Way To Go/Be My Lover, Grand Funk - Heartbreaker/Closer To Home/I Can Feel Him In The Morning/I Don't Have To Sing The Blues, Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come, etc.......and the people seemed to enjoy it! Obviously Disco hadn't been "invented" all those years ago.

Try that today...

BTW, my first LP was The Beatles - Revolver....some nice riffs there too!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2002, 09:34:51 pm »

That's probably what IQ's aim is, bring down Talk Back, and he succeeded.

Don't get influenced by 1 person, there are others here

This is like a war, 2 persons do not agree with eachother, so thousands of innocent people
are victims because of the disagreement.

This is the best way to loose customers, bring down the only help that is available...
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

zevele1

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2002, 10:08:29 am »

If i understand,the forum was down because iq100 was still posting
Look like bus in France
an aggressive attacker attacks a bus driver
next days all bus drivers stike in protest
and all the people go on foot

of cause bus drivers are wrong to put people on foot
but a a a  is everyday,many times a day,so....................................................

Jim is a real PUNK,to close it as he had say,CHAPEAU!
Pages: [1]   Go Up