INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control through MC streaming to DLNA device (Pioneer N-50)?  (Read 3020 times)

abd4evr

• Recent member

I've tried searching without success, so if this has been answered before, apologies...

Is there any way to control volume via MC (version 18) when streaming to a DLNA device (Pioneer N-50), or is it just serving the files without any way to send volume info?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume control through MC streaming to DLNA device (Pioneer N-50)?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 05:55:05 am »

MC does this automatically. It works fine with my WDTV Live devices. If it is not working then possibly the N-50 doesn't accept volume changes via DLNA.

abd4evr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 12:36:08 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Does not seem to work with N-50.  I was wondering if I had missed a setting somewhere in MC, though.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:51:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Does not seem to work with N-50.  I was wondering if I had missed a setting somewhere in MC, though.

It could be that your N-50 does not comply with the UPnP / DLNA standards (??)

A compliant renderer must implement two UPnP services, namely AVTransport and RenderingControl. The AVTRansport service has methods for selecting the track to play, as well as the usual Play, Pause, Stop and Seek commands. And the RenderingControl service supplies methods for controlling volume, mute and so on.

So if your renderer can play tracks and cannot adjust the volume, then it might be that it implements AVTransport properly, and RenderingControl is either missing or not implemented properly.

Just a thought...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up