INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver as media Server  (Read 1717 times)

DingDong

JRiver as media Server
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:43:33 am »

I am a new JRiver v19 user trying to setup my movie library to stream M2ts files from my USB drives to my Oppo 93. My first few attempts at streaming have been unsuccessful, as the Oppo responds with an error message that the file is incompatible. I believe the errors are due to the fact that the JRiver library is picking up the movie files as BDMV file types, the M2ts files are setup in a Blu-ray directory structure, and the index file is being streamed as opposed to the M2ts file. It doesn't seem to matter that I add the drives to my library selecting only the M2ts files, it always adds the movies as BDMV file types. How to I add the movie files to my library as M2ts files and not BDMV files without having to restructure my file system? 

DingDong

Re: JRiver as media Server
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 07:58:44 am »

OK...let me try this another way...

Can JRiver be used to serve m2ts movie files to an Oppo 93 blu-ray player?

If so, how are you setting up the media library so the Oppo recognizes the file type?

As mentioned above, given the directory structure I have presently, JRiver refuses to use the m2ts file type, even though it is the only file type selected when setting up the library. JRiver sets up the Library using the BDMV file type and seems to stream the index file, in the BDMV directory, to the Oppo 93. Any thoughts on how to get the m2ts file to the Oppo? 

Thanks   
Pages: [1]   Go Up