INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8 exits if viz is on  (Read 621 times)

DirtySamurai

MJ 8 exits if viz is on
« on: March 10, 2002, 05:07:28 pm »

I have the newest MJ8 and I switched to a visualization that showed cover art.  It was one that was something (III).  As soon as I switched to that viz, MJ exited.  I started it back up, hit play and it did the same thing.  I disabled visualizations and everything worked.  As soon as I tried to see the viz again, MJ exited.  Can I at least change the current visualization so that I can see them?

SOYO Dragon K7V
Athlon XP 1600
ATI Radeon 64 DDR VIVO
Philips Acoustic Edge
VIA LAN
Windows XP Pro
128MB DDR RAM (PNY)

JasonJoel

RE:MJ 8 exits if viz is on
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 01:19:42 pm »

Thanks for the post.

I am having the exact same problem - but didn't have the time to put 2 & 2 together on it.

If I have visualizations turned on in 8.0.224 and try to play a song in 'Playing Now', it crashes back to the desktop every time. Interestingly enough, if the visualization is played in an external window it works fine.

Anyway, I put it on Track Info instead of Visualization and now I'm fine.

Incidentally the Help file was NO help on this. It doesn't happen to mention that you can't seem to actually change the Visualization setting unless a media file is PLAYING. The 'Display Plugin' option on a right click simply is NOT THERE. So being a new user to this program, I was getting REALLY PO'ed that what it was saying in the help documentation did not exist at all (until a file is being played). *EXTREMELY* annoying.

Jason Bottjen

dragyn

RE:MJ 8 exits if viz is on
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 01:29:07 pm »

Delete the "Damaged Layers" (maybe the name has something to do with it?) from C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualizations\Vis Studio\Collage

I think #3 (III) is the one that is doing it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up