INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver alter actual files on a storage disk?  (Read 1236 times)

jahriel12

• Recent member
Can JRiver alter actual files on a storage disk?
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:39:26 pm »

Hello,

I am loving this App!  JRiver makes it very easy to manage a large media collection.  Which leads me to my question....

I regret to say, my music/video collection is in a bit of a shambles.  Files are not named in a standardized manner, and things are kind of all over the place.  Luckily, JRiver makes it very easy to fix this- at least within the App itself.  What I am wondering is....Is there a way to have JRiver feed info back to the actual files on storage?  It would be great if, for instance, all of the music I have labeled w/in JR as "Collections - Rock" or "Soundtracks", etc. could be changed on the disk to reflect the Artist, Album & Genre, or something like that.

Is there a way to do this?  Or is it limited to applying tags w/in the App so JR knows where to look for and place certain things w/in the App itself?

Curious......

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can JRiver alter actual files on a storage disk?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

MC can use the properties you enter to Rename, Move & Copy the files via templates.

MC will by default these properties back to the files as file tags so they are available in the future for other players or in case you need to import them again into a fresh library.  If you are auto-importing the files, there are a few more options available in the auto-import dialog (Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import).

This might help:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jahriel12

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

Excellent!  Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry to be asking so many questions, I am reading as much as I can on my own, but some of this is very foreign to me.  Getting easier though.....

Thanks again!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 07:07:35 pm »

Excellent!  Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry to be asking so many questions, I am reading as much as I can on my own, but some of this is very foreign to me.  Getting easier though.....

Thanks again!

Don't be sorry. Most of us are happy to help when someone posts polite questions. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are like beacons for the moths that like to help new users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up