INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital playback Info Needed please  (Read 598 times)

mike

Digital playback Info Needed please
« on: March 10, 2002, 10:48:48 am »

sorry if this is a dumbass question....but why does the quality drop so much when you play a CD with the DP checked in the options ?

Second why is the CD making popping noises ?

Third  does this make any difference for when I Rip a CD? should it  be checked or not for this task ?

Does playing MP3s without the check do anything to the quality ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

mike

RE:Digital playback Info Needed please
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 10:13:28 pm »

anyone?

Xstatic

RE:Digital playback Info Needed please
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 12:24:05 am »

What version of MJ are you using?

"Second why is the CD making popping noises ?"
If you are using v.8.224 beta, you should probably post it in the bug thread.
Write down you exact observations including your system info (OS, MJ version..)

I too experience popping noises playing cd's in digital playback, and I believe that John T from JRiver is trying to solve the
prob. But do report it in anyway.

"Third does this make any difference for when I Rip a CD? should it be checked or not for this task ?"
No. The way you rip a cd is set in settings for the device. Here you can choose between different settings like "digital large buffer",
"digital secure", "analog" etc. The digital playback setting only applies for the playback of a audio cd in the drive.

"Does playing MP3s without the check do anything to the quality ?"
If you are referring to the digital playback setting, the answer is no. This will not affect the playback quality of your mp3's.

Re. your question about DP interfering with quality, I must pass that on to others here in interact.
However, as I understand it, activating a DP will always decrease the playback quality of the signal as the signal is interfered with and
changed. Correct me if I am wrong here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up