INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Signal - Issue only occurs on one channel  (Read 1554 times)

kramerblows

No Signal - Issue only occurs on one channel
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:02 pm »

I am currently running MC19 with a Ceton Infinti4 and CableCard.  Every channel works perfectly except for 236.  This is a recent issue.  I had a subscription running on this channel and out of nowhere 2 wks ago it only played the audio.  I deleted that recording and now I can't watch anything on the channel.  It appears to be blocked???  I get a black screen that says "Starting TV", then goes to "No Signal" all while the audio is working perfectly. Any channel I switch to works perfectly fine.
I have tried everything I can think of.  I have re-configured the tuners, reloaded the prgm guide, re-scanned the channels, deleted the channel, deleted the subscription.  I apologize if there is a solution somewhere else in the forum, but I haven't been able to find it.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Signal - Issue only occurs on one channel
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:31 am »

Welcome to the forum.  It's possible that this channel is no longer unencrypted (clear).  You might try an Internet search to see what other people say.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:15:29 pm »

You can run a Ceton utility to find the status of a channel.

Start > Ceton InfiniTV > Ceton Diagnostics.

Click "Devices" tab.  Click "Go to InfiniTV Device" button.  Ceton will launch your browser and go to http://192.168.xxx.xxx/Services/1/Status.html where xxx.xxx is part of your device's IP address.

On the page, click one of the tuners (One, Two, Three, or Four).  Click "Tuner", enter channel number in "Channel: " box and click "Set Channel".  It should tune to the channel and display other parameters.  Now go to "Status", you should see at the bottom Copy Protection Status.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kramerblows

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »

Thank you for the suggestions.  I tried both without getting any results.  Although, I'm not really sure what I am looking for in the status.  Here are the results...Copy Control Information: "Copy Free" (00), which was the same as every other channel with both audio & video working normally.  I don't believe there is anything special about the channel, it is AMC HD, every channel surrounding it is HD and those all have working video + audio.

I also tried re-loading the my tuners.  I reset everything thru Ceton and started fresh in MC19.  Re-ran config, pgrm guide, scan for channels.  I also called the cable company again & they have no known issues with the channel.  They sent out a ping and the channel is working perfectly according to my ceton diagnostics test.  Any other ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:34 am »

If the status says "Copy Free", then encryption should not be a problem.  That unfortunately also means I do not know what caused it to not work.

Please email me a log.  You can find info on sending logs from one of the sticky threads on top of this board.  yaobing at jriver dot com

kramerblows

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:52 pm »

sent email with log.  let me know if you need anything else.  thanks for the help

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 07:47:57 pm »

Thanks for the log.

I still have not found an obvious clue yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up