INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube "Pair to TV"  (Read 1894 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Youtube "Pair to TV"
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:39:58 am »

Is there any way to make MC act as a smart TV so that the "Pair to TV" function in the youtube app on mobile devices could work to trigger video playback through MC?

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Youtube "Pair to TV"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:33:48 pm »

Is there any way to make MC act as a smart TV so that the "Pair to TV" function in the youtube app on mobile devices could work to trigger video playback through MC?

You can add new connected media url: https://www.youtube.com/tv#/browse or add that url as webpage to Theater View.
It works only when Chromium web browser engine is selected (tools->options->tree & view) and unfortunately doesn't use DXVA, but you can pair it with your mobile device.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »

Thanks Mrfx , this has done the trick ,brilliant. Any tips on how to have full screen in theatre view (I can still see the theatre view header saying YouTube)

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:30:44 am »

AFAIK it's not possible. I hope it will be available in the future. JRiver is able to catch video links on regular youtube website and play them through MC player, so I hope it's not too much work to make it work on youtube.com/tv/ too??? Then we'll have access to our youtube favourites, playlists & personalised suggestions from Theater View. What do you think Matt, Jim?
Pages: [1]   Go Up