INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre view doesn't work with MC 19.  (Read 1083 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Theatre view doesn't work with MC 19.
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:04:22 am »

I have some trouble with MC 19 and theatre view.
I recently updated from MC 17, v17 worked fine, and so does v19, except in theatre view, I can activate theatre view, and it works fine when i a for instance playing a movie in full screen, but playing audio, showing playing now, or anything else where you can actually see the theatre view, I after a little while get at "drawing error", the screen goes black, it says that it has some 3D drawing problems, and sometimes the computer totally hangs up. The computer can run 3D-games fine without problems. Any tips on what the problem can be?

The GPu is a ATI 5760 or something, its at least a discreet ATI GUP from the 5xxx-series.

CountryBumkin

Re: Theatre view doesn't work with MC 19.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

First thing try is updating your video drivers. Don't use the Windows Update process, go to AMD site and get the most current drivers. http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/ati-radeon-hd-5670-overview/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5670-overview.aspx

gappie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:50:33 am »

I have some trouble with MC 19 and theatre view.
I recently updated from MC 17, v17 worked fine, and so does v19, except in theatre view, I can activate theatre view, and it works fine when i a for instance playing a movie in full screen, but playing audio, showing playing now, or anything else where you can actually see the theatre view, I after a little while get at "drawing error", the screen goes black, it says that it has some 3D drawing problems, and sometimes the computer totally hangs up. The computer can run 3D-games fine without problems. Any tips on what the problem can be?

The GPu is a ATI 5760 or something, its at least a discreet ATI GUP from the 5xxx-series.

I think that what you see is some new feature... go to options>theatre view>behaviour, and disable fade out after inactivity..etc..

does that help?

:)
gab

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:26 pm »

First thing try is updating your video drivers. Don't use the Windows Update process, go to AMD site and get the most current drivers. http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/ati-radeon-hd-5670-overview/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5670-overview.aspx

I tried installing new drivers, it changed the behavior, but maybe not in the way I wanted :) Now i get "Error starting Direct 3D engine" immediately when starting Theatre View, as opposed to after a minute or two....

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »

I think that what you see is some new feature... go to options>theatre view>behaviour, and disable fade out after inactivity..etc..

does that help?

:)
gab

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't make a difference, at least not know after the new drivers. I didn't see your post before I installed them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up