INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server: how can I access .flac on client without conversion?  (Read 1339 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

Hi everyone,

I am an absolute newbie to media networks and the media center server. So I would kindly ask for a bit of help - or just a link to a place where my question may already have been answered.

I have set up a server (which acts as both server and as client for our living room system) and a few clients. When I want to play my music, which is in .flac-format it gets converted to MP3. I read that I can change it to PCM but what I really want is to just acces the file (as in any other file-server) and let the client do the processing. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Server: how can I access .flac on client without conversion?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:24 am »

If I understand you correctly, on each client go Options=>Media Network=>Client Options=>Audio Conversion check "Don't Convert Audio" ...

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Library Server: how can I access .flac on client without conversion?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:44:10 am »

If I understand you correctly, on each client go Options=>Media Network=>Client Options=>Audio Conversion check "Don't Convert Audio" ...

Hi Arindelle,

Thank you very much for the hint. You understood my correctly and it worked. Thanks :).

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up