INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME Fireface 400 or MOTU Ultralite AVB - ASIO input and output at the same time?  (Read 4980 times)

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck

OK, so I've searched here and am am unsure, definitively, if the Fireface 400 can access its ASIO inputs AND outputs simultaneously in JRiver.  Similarly, I'm unsure on the MOTU Ultralite AVB

I can with my TC Impact Twin and it works awesome - just curious if the two above interfaces can do the same as I'm thinking about buying one or the other (maybe).

-Jim

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:42 am »

I have a FF800 (so the same driver) and I find I have to use the asio multiclient on one side. It does work though. I find I can't use a long fir filter in this case though I don't think that issue is specific to this device.

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 11:11:47 am »

I have a FF800 (so the same driver) and I find I have to use the asio multiclient on one side. It does work though. I find I can't use a long fir filter in this case though I don't think that issue is specific to this device.

Thanks mattkhan.  When you say you "use the asio multiclient on one side" are you referring to the generic steinberg multi-client ASIO driver?  Ughh.  That's annoying if so.

-Jim

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

When you say you "use the asio multiclient on one side" are you referring to the generic steinberg multi-client ASIO driver? 
yes. There's no actual impact to doing that though that I've noticed, you just pick a different device in one app.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Yes, the MOTU UltraLite AVB is fully multi-client and you can use the input and output simultaneously in JRiver. Best drivers and mixer I've ever used.

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck

Yes, the MOTU UltraLite AVB is fully multi-client and you can use the input and output simultaneously in JRiver. Best drivers and mixer I've ever used.

Awesome news.  Thank you Mojave!!!

-Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up