INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Failed to Initialize Registration Control on Win XP  (Read 574 times)

dcrnelius

Help: Failed to Initialize Registration Control on Win XP
« on: March 09, 2002, 06:56:11 am »

I have installed Media Jukebox 7 and when I try to run it, I get the Failed to Initialize Registration Control error. I tried an unistall and reinstall and the same message appears.
I have PAID for this product already, and I can't use the product nor import the registration file.

Holden

RE:Help: Failed to Initialize Registration Control on Win XP
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 08:46:23 am »

dcrnelius

I had the same problem trying to install Version 8 build 222 and got the same error message. I posted my situation and Matt, of JRiver, came to my rescue.

He said to uninstal MJ, reboot, then reinstall the program.

Followed those instructions and all is well. Rebooting after uninstalling was the key.

Holden

dcornelius

RE:Help: Failed to Initialize Registration Control on Win XP
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2002, 03:02:16 am »

Thanks for the info. But this does not work with Version 7.
This is a guess but I suspect there is another problem somewhere related to the online payment, leaving a registry entry or a missing dll.
My suggestion to the developer is if a failure occurs like registration that activate the product in the strip-down mode and let people reimport the registration file to reactivate the plus features. Don't shutdown the program such that there is nothing you can do with it and thus can't fix it either.

Derek
Pages: [1]   Go Up