INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18.0.149 will not find analog channels on Colossus  (Read 1480 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
MC 18.0.149 will not find analog channels on Colossus
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:05:47 pm »

After upgrading to 18.0.149 to fix the analog tuner issue, I kept getting an error indicating that MC could not find a tuner associated with the channel.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MC, but that didn't work.  I decided to delete all my channels and rescan to make sure that the channels were associated properly.  I can scan for the digital OTA channels fine.  When I attempt to scan for the STB channels using the Colossus, I can pick the colossus in the first drop down menu, but nothing appears in the second drop down (labeled: Analog channel on which to recieve signal from STB).  It appears as though somewhere along the line, MC does not realize that the Colossus has multiple inputs and I need to select one.  That would also explain the original issue.  Is this an MC issue, or do I have a problem with my driver, etc?  I have the latest Colossus driver from the Hauppauge website.

Any help is appreciated,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC 18.0.149 will not find analog channels on Colossus
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »

MC should automatically find the input lines on the Colossus.  I am using HD PVR without issues.

What you can try, is to run analog channel scan (either Antenna or Cable) to see if you can get the inputs back.  If not, send me a log.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

Didn't seem to help.  Log sent.

Thanks,

Alex

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:40:36 am »

Hi have you ever tried to acquire audio and video in JRiver from the Colossu's HDMI input? (videocamera, xbox??)

Does it works?

Thanks

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:08:33 pm »

I use it nearly everyday to acquire audio and video from my DirecTV box.  I haven't tried HDMI from another source, but I can't imagine it would be much different.

Alex

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:55:26 am »

Thanks, so do you use only analog inputs??

i am asking because i have a blackmagic decklink extreme 3d hdmi and analog capture card, but MC "see" it only as nalogo capture device, i couldn't find the way to acquire from HDMI (the only i am interested) and i don't want to buy colossus before being sure that its HDMI can work with jriver (ebven if only at 1080i)

guido

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58:24 am »

Yes, I use the HDMI input.  The HDMI only works on unencrypted signals, but I use it with DirecTV and it works fine.

Alex

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:06:31 am »

Hi, my Colossus has arrived and works very well from HDMI in MC...now a little question more...
How to configure MC to use analog inputs where using HDMI video or decide which audio input of the Colossus to use
If i start capture from composite or component in MC Channels, i have no audio from RCA inputs

If i install wintv7 and configure the card from there, then i loose video in JRiver

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up