INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Cube pictures update slowly  (Read 1070 times)

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
Image Cube pictures update slowly
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:23:25 am »

I wonder if I'm misunderstanding how the 3D-Image cube visualization is supposed to work. I created a Visualization playlist and an audio playlist, it physically works, but the images inside the cube barely update. I have perhaps 200 images in the playlist, seems to take forever to change them.

Having a party this Saturday, was hoping to display photos on the projector while music plays in the background.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Image Cube pictures update slowly
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:00:02 am »

You're not going crazy! I can confirm that, for me at least, both the picture cube and the slideshow, which I prefer, are misbehaving.

As well as Picture Cube's unwillingness to update, Slideshow is often showing images upside-down, and also often over shoots on a slide, showing neither one nor the other. It's been that way for a while now.

In both examples below, the cube has come to rest and is displaying a slide, or at least, believes that it is doing so.

A fix by Saturday would be a long shot to be honest.

I'm not sure if it will work for your party, but you could try adding the pictures to the audio playlist. When you kick off the playlist, the audio will play, and the pictures will display fullscreen. When started in this way, the player controls will control audio playback. Give it a try and see what you think.

-marko.

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Image Cube pictures update slowly
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:08:49 am »

D'oh!  I was hoping it was user error, not a program bug.  I personally wanted the image cube for a bit of the "wow" factor as I'm projecting it on a 106" big screen. Everyone is aware of my ludicrous home automation system and I'm also looking trying to learn external control of MC (i bought red illuminated 10 cm "party buttons" so I can, in an overly dramatic fashion, press the "play next track" button)
Pages: [1]   Go Up