INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather Check  (Read 1840 times)

JollyJim

Weather Check
« on: March 08, 2002, 10:11:55 pm »

Just thought I'd do a weather check from around the world as JimH ain't around and he can't see what wer'e playing at.

I'm in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire England. It's 8am Sat morning. The sky is blue and it's very warm. We're just into spring and the trees and shrubs have started. Early flowers such as daffodils, narcissi etc are out and it looks absolutley beautiful out there. Hedges and grass have started which is nice to look at but a pain to maintain. I'm about to drive down to London for the weekend and I m gonna  be accompanied by Fleetwood Mac, Rumours and the Blues Brothers Soundtrack. I'll be on my own so the volume will be high and the sunglasses will definitely be on!!

Listening to Chantilly Lace-Big Bopper (very loud)

Hey guys, the world ain't a bad place !!!!!!!!

Best wishes for a good weekend - see ya Monday - Jim

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Weather Check
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 10:20:03 pm »

Glad JimH is out of here.  Paris, 7th, 50-55 F today.  Birds singing.  Good weather for a bike.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JollyJim

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 10:30:24 pm »

Aaaaaahhhh - caught by the teacher !!!

Jim

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2002, 11:07:33 pm »

Please Sir?

Kenton-on-Sea, South Africa. Autumn a-coming in. Very dry. We need a good downpour to decrease our dependence on the local desalination plant which just can't can't produce enough of the ole H2O.

11am (9am GMT),|PLS|-25C, sunny, light easterly wind.

Listening to The Bee Gees - Don't Forget To Remember

It IS good to remember. I raced through Peterborough in December 1980 on a train trip around the UK (Britrail pass). Was pretty murky at the time (the weather not my head) so I don't remember too much. My one and only overseas trip.

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2002, 11:10:49 pm »

saturday 11 am-Tel-Aviv
Just back ,we had a late breakfast in a coffe on the beach
Quite warm since few days-25 degrees- Looks like winter gone.Not good news,we need rains in this part of the world
Up to end of june,we will have a lovely warm weather.Summer is the worst time here.Hot,but not that much-maximun 30 degrees-but close to 90% humidity on the coast
In 2 weeks from now,we will put blankets,jackets,sweaters and anything with long sleeves in the closet,until november,december.THIS IS GOOD!
Nice week-end to all

listening to nothing-saw 3 bands in a club last night-today 'sound of silence'

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2002, 01:16:21 am »

New Hampshire, north of Boston - 37 degrees F, overcast all day yesterday (its 5:30 AM and still semi-dark, so can't comment on today), cool, raw. More of the same predicted for Saturday. Prozac weather, good for SAD, not much else. At this point, Spring basically an abstraction. Easy to see how Calvinism took root in colonial New England.

Listening to Lee Morgan - Caramba, getting ready to go for a run. Mens sana in corporare sana...well, maybe can get at least half of that right.

HTH

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2002, 01:46:26 am »

mens sana in corpore sano,if i remember my school time
Have a good coffee when back from your run

sekim

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2002, 04:08:52 am »

West central Minnesota. Wind is HOWLING, snow and in general the first sign of real winter we've had. Earlier this winter it nailed us with 29 inches of snow, in one 24 hour period. It was kind of tough to find the driveway. Next Page

Considering all that, the birds are busy at the feeders, along with a squirrel who has an abbreviated tail. Mostly dark eyed juncos', some sparrows, blue jays, and a beautiful scarlet cardinal. There is also a few others but this bunch is fairly consistant.

It is early yet and no music or anything to wake the little one. Her sleep is our peace! Next Page
Have a nice weekend.

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2002, 04:45:41 am »

It's a snowin' and blowin' here too. (South Central, MN)

It was around this time a couple years ago (on my birthday actually (yesterday)) when it was like a blizzard outside and nice a few days before. This is the first actual snow day this winter. Other times it was just a few flakes here and there. Nothing to get excited about.

My internet connection is still working, believe it or not. I'm using wireless and the distance in between is about 5 miles. Only time when it doesn't work is when the tress are moving back and forth so much, it gets in the way of the signal. The winds are like 40|PLS|mph. I should have cut them down when it was still nice outside.

Severian

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2002, 04:50:03 am »

In Portland, Oregon it's a bit overcast (surprise!) but the kind of overcast that could go either way--toward staying overcast or to a sunny day. It snowed for perhaps the third time in a year just a few days ago, so it's been kind of nippy between the 50-degree average days. Kind of weird.

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2002, 04:50:17 am »

Zevele:

Well, I told you I could only get half of it right.

HTH

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2002, 06:05:38 am »

From the other Peterborough (Ontario, Canada)
It's a beautiful spring day, in the middle of winter! High of 16 Celsius (60F) with the possiblity of thunderstorms...thunderstorms...in March..in Canada!  The world is all gone to hell.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2002, 09:21:48 am »

Nice 60's & Sunny, To Bad I HAd To Work 1\2 A Day
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

IRONPANTS

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2002, 06:15:29 pm »

80 degrees and bright, pastel-blue skies in Phoenix. Got my first sunburn of the year - not unlike the first round of golf of the year (ugly and full of I should have done this and I should have done that...)

I found myself complaining that the pool wasn't heated to the same degree as yesterday, and then a reality check kicked me in the groin. A friend from MN is staying at my apartment - he's missing the blizzard that is passing through the midwest.

Phoenix is like a permanent spring break...

-IRONPANTS

ilmar

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2002, 01:40:47 am »

Hi

Sunday Midday - Stevenage, England

Weather cold and windy, chilling out (literally) to Sibelius Scenes Historiques.

Jolly Jim may have been wearing his sunglasses and missed the gale force winds and rain that I
experienced when I passed Peterborough 24 hours ago Next Page

Ilmar

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2002, 06:59:29 am »

Yesterday later in the day and today, Peterborough Ontario also experienced gale force winds (80 kms/hour; 50 mph) and thunderstorms.  Sister cities perhaps?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2002, 08:04:36 am »

Baltimore, MD (30 miles north of Washington DC) Clear blue sky, cool and snappy.  Highs 40's(F) gusts to 25mph.  Rain and thunderstorms last night.  Tulips & etc. have a few inches of green pushed through.

Strong coffee for me, tea for the wife, and pear juice for the baby, and banana pancakes with fruit all around.

Morning playlist was Mem Shannon - A Cab Driver's Blues, REM - Murmur, and a compilation of pre-1963 Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly and Johnny Cash.

Deathrider

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2002, 08:42:04 am »

Conditions and Forecast for Miami, Florida
Updated: 12:56 PM EST on March 10, 2002
Observed at Miami, Florida  
Temperature 81° F
HeatIndex 83° F
Humidity 56%
Dewpoint 64° F
Wind North at 9 mph
Pressure 30.18 in
Conditions Scattered Clouds
Visibility 10 miles
Clouds Scattered Clouds (SCT): 3600 ft

Sunrise 6:32 AM (EST)
Sunset 6:23 PM (EST)
Moon Rise 4:45 AM (EST)
Moon Set 3:40 PM (EST)
Moon Phase  

Forecast as of 5:00 am EST on March 10, 2002
Today
Mostly sunny with highs in the lower 80s. Light north winds increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.  
Tonight

Robert Long
Pages: [1]   Go Up