INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video particles: Thumbnail  (Read 865 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Video particles: Thumbnail
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:31 pm »

I posted this a few weeks ago but didn't get any updates.  The problem is if I use particles to separate the movies on a disc (ie, the disc contain 4 movies), and add the cover art for each particle, when I view the movie in Theater View it first displays the particle cover art for the thumbnail then switches to the cover art for the last movie in the set created.  Which means all 4 particles now show the same thumbnail cover art of the last particle.

The work around for this is to first use auto particles to get each of the titles, then get movie data for each one which loads the cover art, and when finished, go back to the disc from which the particles were created and assign the cover art to it.  Then when viewing each of the particles, the thumbnail will first display the particle cover art and then switch to the disc cover art.

I tried using Rebuild Thumbnail but it made no difference.  I also wiped the entire database and loaded only the one disc, but still the same effect.

Has anyone else been able to confirm this?  If it is working okay for others then there must be something I am doing wrong or some configuration setting not set.

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Video particles: Thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:12:54 am »

i've posted on particles not displaying thumbnails properly previously. I'm still having the same problems so i don't think it's something you're doing incorrectly. Sorry i can't be more help. Thanks. John

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Re: Video particles: Thumbnail
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29:49 pm »

I think the intent of particles was to link the thumbnail of the particles to the main title.  For example the particles of a music concert would all display the thumbnail of the concert.  So I can see why applying a disc containing multiple movies would always want to display a common thumbnail.  Hopefully in some future update there will be an option to flag the particle as an independent movie and not related to the disc, in which case it will use the thumbnail of the particle and not the disc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up