INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different Zone Volumes at Start Up?  (Read 1019 times)

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck
Different Zone Volumes at Start Up?
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:36:50 pm »

Hi,

What I need help with is having different start up volumes per zone. When I tried to set three different volumes in startup under tools it always reverts back to 100% when Media Center is restarted.

My main zone is my Theater Room where I control the volume through my preamp and so the objective is for Media Center volume to start at 100%. My other two zones are Master and Deck that are hooked directly into an amplifier. In this case start up volume needs to at 20% and volume controlled through the Media Center.

All three zones are set to internal volume and all change back to 100% when Media Center is restarted.

Any guidance or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Michael G

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Different Zone Volumes at Start Up?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:46:57 pm »

Hi,

What I need help with is having different start up volumes per zone. When I tried to set three different volumes in startup under tools it always reverts back to 100% when Media Center is restarted.

My main zone is my Theater Room where I control the volume through my preamp and so the objective is for Media Center volume to start at 100%. My other two zones are Master and Deck that are hooked directly into an amplifier. In this case start up volume needs to at 20% and volume controlled through the Media Center.

All three zones are set to internal volume and all change back to 100% when Media Center is restarted.

Any guidance or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Michael G

One thing you can do is to check the box next to "volume protection" (under the audio options menu) for the two zones you want to start at 20%.  Volume protection does two things: it prevents volume from being changed very fast and resets volume to 20% after some time has passed.  I personally have my DAC connected directly to my amp, and volume protection has been a life saver for me.

You should also look at the "startup volume" options under the startup options menu.  There are two options there, and they should both be unchecked for your setup.  With both unchecked, volume for a zone should stay where you set it last time you used the program (unless you have volume protection enabled for that zone, and then it will set back to 20%).

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Different Zone Volumes at Start Up?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:15:24 pm »

Thank you it worked a 100%!!!
Michael G
Pages: [1]   Go Up