INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help needed building watch later View for theterview  (Read 1003 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
help needed building watch later View for theterview
« on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:44 pm »

we'd like to create an option of adding an item that we searched for in theaterview to be played at a later time/watch later view...
tonight we were watching a film, and someone suggested another film, so i search for it, found it, but no option to view it later.
Is this possible? could someone please assist in accomplishing this view
thanks

dafloydman

• World Citizen
Re: help needed building watch later View for theterview
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 06:38:38 am »

+1 for me

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:05:05 am »

Probably more elegant ways of doing this, but a quick easy way

1) Add a custom field call it "Watch Later" or something like it

2) choose something easy to remember to "flag" the video like Y or Yes or something short like T for True whatever

3) create a new view with a rule to only show vids with Watch Later=Y for example

Usage - when you find a film you want to watch later instead of choosing Play scroll to Tag -- then put "Y" (or whatever you chose in #2) in the property box for your "Watch Later" tag field

If you choose your new "filtered" view and vids you tagged will appear

Note: to make sure they don't reappear after you watch them, you must remove or change the tag in the "Watch now" field

If you want it to automatically disappear you will need to build an expression rule with other criteria (probably based on last played)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:36:46 am »

This is also how I do it. It would be nice with a button to toggle the function instead of having to tag the file which is always a little cumbersome with a remote, but it works.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

Thanks Arindelle, i will give this a go :)
 I agree tls62dk, That's another peeve of mine, the Tagging in theaterview, how is one suppose to remember their tags? LOL a drop down with ALL Tags being used and allowing for selecting each tag/ create new tag would be a stellar improvement.

I've instructed my family/users over a year ago...to NEVER touch tags in theaterview until i let them know when they can/when tagging system in theaterview changes.

The way we get tags accomplished is by everyone writing their tags down and emails them to me. LOL archaic for 2013? (yes we are aware of standard view...the family only uses/likes theaterview/simple interface.)

I really hope this theaterview/skins post they asked us about goes into effect. it would have been nice to be able to edit the tag they offer us, or at the very least be able to just remove Tag in theaterview until it was redesigned, so that one wouldnt have to worry about tags being written, changed, input wrong or worst case scenario deleted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up