INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically play an album in order of track number without creating playlist  (Read 3136 times)

stormb86

I have many albums that are gapless and want JRiver to play the album in order of track number without the labor of dragging each file from the album into a playlist. I just want to play track one within all of my files and have JRiver recognize that we are playing an album and continue in order within that album. How do I do this?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

What view are you in?  By default, clicking Play in the Albums, Artists, or Genres view will play the full album.  And Double-Clicking track 1 will play the entire album from track 1.

Can you explain what you're doing and what is happening?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I don't know if this is the same as what the OP is doing, but --

No matter whether you want it or not, when MC18 does an import, it throws up a "Recently Imported" list.

Generally, this means that - sigh - you have to click "back" again.

BUT, if you want to actually use the Recently Imported list, due to some weird timing issue, the tracks for each album are not in track order.  So, if you use the mouse and shift to select all the tracks from a "recently imported" album and play them, they play in the wrong order.   You then have to manually re-order the tracks, even though the software could obviously play them in track order if anyone in the Beta Team cared about album playback.

Bill Wilson

I am trying to do something similar. I have as you do have a lot of albums on my hard drives, mostly in flac.
I enjoy listening with play doctor, but sometimes I would like to play entire albums randomly automatically by preference. Sometimes artist, some times by some other. Depends on my mood. I was hoping for a right click option on the album file but not so.
Any suggestions would be helpful
Pages: [1]   Go Up