INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug: handheld sync to folder with path [Filename (path)]  (Read 1146 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
bug: handheld sync to folder with path [Filename (path)]
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

I am attempting to do something similar to that described by Glynor here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71377.0

The sync to handheld folder feature has worked well for me for a long time but I have stumbled upon a subtle bug when trying to apply it to a different application.

If the handheld path for Audio/Images/Video/Data contains any expression referencing [Filename (path)] then additions sync as expected but deletions (using the option "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list") never work. More specifically, the associated playlist is updated to reflect the deletion, however the file is not deleted from the handheld folder.

This is a big problem for me because I want to use the path expression:
RemoveLeft([Filename (path)],10)

Note that other complex path expressions like "Video\[Genre]\[Artist]\[Album]\" work as expected, the problem is specific to using [Filename (Path)] in the expression.

It took me 10 hours of focused experimentation to isolate the probable cause of this problem. I am hoping it can be fixed as I need this feature for syncing to an iPhone.

P.S. Glynor, can you please check if deletions work for you? I predict they won't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up