INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio CD Won't Play  (Read 1270 times)

bobjr

Audio CD Won't Play
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:37:43 am »

I have a strange one here.  I'm trying to get an regular old audio CD to play and JRiver doesn't seem to want to play it.

Ok, first I'm using a CAPS server (not that should matter) and the optical drive in question is a Silverstone slot-load blu-ray drive (SOB02 - really a Panasonic UJ265).  Windows 8 show that I have an Audio CD inserted and the appropriate tracks show in Windows Explorer.  I have JRiver set up to automatically play CD's, but even if I go "File|QuickPlay|Drives & Devices|Audio CD (D:)" I get a message "The Selection Has No Playable Files".  Am I missing something here?

I've tried a DVD and I don't have the "Media Center Pack" installed, so that won't play correctly, but JRiver tries to play it at least.

Please advise on what I should look for or test out.

Thanks,
Jr!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio CD Won't Play
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:54:53 am »

Welcome.  Does it play in Windows Media Player?  Or any other player?

bobjr

Re: Audio CD Won't Play
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:21 pm »

Sorry for late reply...  For some reason it would not play in Windows 8 Pro 32bit.  I was generally unhappy with Windows 8 on this machine anyway as it uses a dn2800mt intel atom motherboard that does not seem to play well in this release of Windows.  I tried WMP and was going to start installing other stuff, but gave up.  I was tired of fighting against the MetroUI and all the other improvements that don't seem to apply to what I'm trying to do.

I've performed a "full reset" and installed Windows 7 Pro 32bit (motherboard also doesn't support 64bit).  I'm able to play an audio CD properly and also able remote into the machine while it is playing music and not have it stutter (this is a low powered machine!).  Thanks for your attention on this matter, but it must be a mystery of the Windows world.

Regards,
Jr!
Pages: [1]   Go Up