INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing di.fm through JRiver Media Center  (Read 4354 times)

media-mogul

• Recent member
Playing di.fm through JRiver Media Center
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:25:04 pm »

Hi,
I've started playing around with accessing internet radio through JRiver Media Center. One of the stations I've checked out is di.fm. It appears that the station plays by default through the browser. But, there is an option to select "other player" in the options on the site. If I select that JMC detects the stream and asks if I'd like to play or add the stream. I choose play, but get no sound.

Can someone tell me how I can get JMC to play sources from digitally imported?

Regards,
Dave

media-mogul

• Recent member
Re: Playing di.fm through JRiver Media Center
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

Hi Again,
Looks like sky.fm is doing the same thing...

To make people aware of my set up, I have MC hooked up to a Resonessence Invicta DAC which then outputs to my surround amp. Playing from my CD library over usb works fine so I'm not sure what's going wrong here. Will be very greatful if anyone can put me right on this:)

Regards,
Dave

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »

Configure di.fm/sky.fm to "Winamp, iTunes, VLC", it'll give you a playlist file (ie. "SKY FM - Top Hits.pls"), you can then play this file with MC. It'll import several alternate streams, but any should work. Does here, but I don't have premium.
The stream plays just fine like this for me.

There is also an entry in the Audio -> Connected Media section of MC for Sky.FM and DI.fm
If you use it from there, and also set the player preference to the same as above, it should automatically play within MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

media-mogul

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:49:42 pm »

Hi,
Yes, that seems to work. Thank you:) Other media player didn't seem to play ball which is odd.

Can I ask, what does selecting "Add Stream to web media" do in the connected media dialogue box when a channel is selected?

Regards,
Dave

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:51:08 pm »

Can I ask, what does selecting "Add Stream to web media" do in the connected media dialogue box when a channel is selected?

It'll put it into the "My Connected Media" list, so you can access it faster and easier.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

durlt@msn.com

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:37:17 pm »

when playing connected media (Sky FM ) i get music but no audio path in the tools menu, I have a low and high pass filter setup but doesn't load any of them when playing connected media.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:37:56 pm »

As I mentioned in a recent thread, DI plays in the MC19 internal browser engine only, and uses no JRiver settings whatsoever.

So, it is actually preferable to just use a separate browser, since it is more robust, has extensions, etc.

Actually, most of the MC19 playback of audio that is not local or networked files, is very rudimentary. Only 20th Century style MP3 internet radio streams work well.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:14 pm »

DI and Sky.FM work just fine through MCs audio engine here. You just need to tell DI/Sky.fm to use the playback mode as described above (ie. "Winamp, iTunes, VLC")

We can only offer what these websites offer, and usually they are not very forthcoming to let us use their streaming.
With DI/Sky.fm, it works just fine however.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

There is also an entry in the Audio -> Connected Media section of MC for Sky.FM and DI.fm
If you use it from there, and also set the player preference to the same as above, it should automatically play within MC.
I was trying through the Audio -> Connected Media pre-existing Digitally Imported entry.

I don't see any player preferences.  Do you have to create an account, or am I just missing it ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 01:36:44 am »

I don't see any player preferences.  Do you have to create an account, or am I just missing it ?

Using anything but the Flash web player does require a free account for DI/Sky.fm
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up