INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Idea: Lyrics and/or Info Display  (Read 1136 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Idea: Lyrics and/or Info Display
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

Realizing that you have a list the size of Matt's leg of features to implement and limited time... I thought of a cool idea.  Or, at least, something I'd like and use, anyway.

What if there was a Playing Now feature that would display, in a layer over-top-of Playing Now (so, it would work over video, or over G-Force, or whatever visualizer you use), Lyrics for Music files and Music Videos, Description for Podcasts, and... I don't know, Description for TV Shows and Movies.  It would have some sort of easy toggle on/off keypress and command in Theater View > Playing Now > More or whatever, so that you could turn it on and off at will.  And, when showing Lyrics, you could use the normal Theater View sized font, and scroll it slowly, timed to finish with the track.  (That timing wouldn't always work, but a lot of the time it would pretty well, and you could even fix it when it doesn't by adding blank lines strategically if you're a crazy person.)

That would be pretty cool.

It would be very difficult to implement third-party, because in order to add it over top of other display plugins, you'd need that "layer".
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Idea: Lyrics and/or Info Display
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:58:10 am »

It gets my vote. A quick way to get a TV episode's [description] in the OSD in Display View would be great. Song lyrics would be great too.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:21 am »

Yea, I like this a lot. An extra layer to allow a user to display what they would like.

+1

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Henglander

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »

How about a purist version that sells at next to nothing (because I don't need all this other crap to listen to music with my eyes closed)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up