INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD ripping issue  (Read 2603 times)

Crazy Bill

CD ripping issue
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:50:19 am »

Hello all,
Tried searching for an answer to no avail.
In both version 17 and now 19, when rippings CDs to hard drive, most of my CDs show a single entry with individual songs listed on that entry. However, some of my CDs will show each song as their own individual entry. I'm sure it's me, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I just ripped a double CD, and I've got 35 individual entrys for two CDs. It's also happened with single CDs. So:

How do I fix this. Is there something I need to do before I begin the rip, or is there some way to manipulate all the individual files back into a single entry.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,                    Crazy Bill         

rayooo

• World Citizen
Re: CD ripping issue
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:00 am »

...I believe, if the Tag: "Artist" varies across an album, you can go into the tag field: "Album Artist" and enter a single name, which will then cause the Album, with multiple artists, to view as a single Album.

I hope I have this correct, I've only been using JR for a few years now ...and I still often feel like a nubee!   :)
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:47:43 pm »

Artist = 'various'   if it is a multi artist cd u would need to imput the artist at 1 track at a time

Album Artist = 'Shawn Phillips' for single artist (can be done all at once for single artist cd along with Artist as above) or 'various artists' for multiple artist cd

Crazy Bill

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »

Thanks guys, all better now.

Changed all of the artist entries to " various ", and then added the artist name to the title so I still had that info. Got the desired result.

I'm assuming for the next one I should change the name slightly, say to " various 1 ", so it simply doesn't add to the first entry.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,                  Crazy Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up